Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Cope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other brand

• Between Skoal & Cope

• Total voters
i dipped cope for 20yrs.before i quit.was dipping a can a day.always had a good dipp.when i quit it was $45 a roll.also chewed cigars some.scott

bigbull338":k7ed977c said:
i dipped cope for 20yrs.before i quit.was dipping a can a day.always had a good dipp.when i quit it was $45 a roll.also chewed cigars some.scott

I know bigbull! Skoal {Wintergreen Longcut} is 49.99 a log here! Well, actually in Kansas. Oklahoma just added a big tobacco tax so I make a 40 mile round trip into Kansas and get my chaw! Gunna have to stop this mess one day! Only 17 anyhow! But like Chris Ledoux sings "Copenhagen Makes Me Feel So Good!" LOL! :cboy:

If your only 17, now is the time to quit. I have been chewing most of my life. I wish I had never started. When I was growing up you just wasn't a grandkid unless you chewed. Biggest mistake I have ever made. I'm soon to be 42. I have been chewing since I can remember. I chewed cope when it first came out. It was 43 cents a can then. It was the only brand other than real snuff. Yeah I've dipped that also. I figure I have spent over $50,000 on tobacco. Take my word for it quit it while you still can.

Have to agree with Bama - quit now. 34 yrs of chewing and dipping - not any cooler, not anymore of a man or cowboy - just out a lot money. Sorry WCC, I know at 17 it's not what you wanted to hear (I know I didn't), but you are getting good advice from experienced cattleman who have ridden that trail.

I don't chew or smoke, besides the occasional cigar, but I always heard:

"Anybody can live without a lip, but it takes a real man to live without a lung."

I guess you could substitute liver in there too for those of us who drink excessively. :lol:

I chewed copenhagenfrom age 12 or 13 until 40...bottom line the last 6 weeks have been tough(since I turned 40) . Take the advice of those of us who have been there and those who are trying to quit.. stop now its alot easier when your 17 than 17 years later

I went to the Grizzly fine cut- half the price of Copenhagen which is about $5.00 can...And I can remember buying it for $.15.........

Oldtimer":6qpt46d0 said:
I went to the Grizzly fine cut- half the price of Copenhagen which is about $5.00 can...And I can remember buying it for $.15.........

Cheapest I remember Red MAn was 15 cents unless you got the large pack which was 20 cents.

Bama":2uhbhfqv said:
If your only 17, now is the time to quit. I have been chewing most of my life. I wish I had never started. When I was growing up you just wasn't a grandkid unless you chewed. Biggest mistake I have ever made. I'm soon to be 42. I have been chewing since I can remember. I chewed cope when it first came out. It was 43 cents a can then. It was the only brand other than real snuff. Yeah I've dipped that also. I figure I have spent over $50,000 on tobacco. Take my word for it quit it while you still can.

You must be old, Copenhagen has been out since 1822

have dipped and smoked for close to 50 yrs, nasty nasty habit! :(
wish i had never started, very hard to quit, i know i quit at least 2 times a day! :D
have tried pills, patches, more pills, actually even thinking of the hynotist thing, problem is i kind of enjoy it, even though i know it is bad for me, that is the problem!
can't do either in the house anymore! the only truck i can do it in is the old farm truck, most reasturants and bars don't allow it, around here. special area set aside in a little bitty area!
time to quit god give me the strength to do it please

CopeMan":zlt3s2we said:
Bama":zlt3s2we said:

I guess I should have said came out around here.First time I saw it was about 1970. I cut my back teeth on red ox twist, blood hound, cup, days work, apple jack and cannon ball. Some of the older guys will remember these.

Bama":dcwakbns said:
Some of the older guys will remember these.

When you bought Dental Sweet in bulk, you got a colored glass for your ice tea.

Bama":2xnrnodt said:
CopeMan":2xnrnodt said:
Bama":2xnrnodt said:

I guess I should have said came out around here.First time I saw it was about 1970. I cut my back teeth on red ox twist, blood hound, cup, days work, apple jack and cannon ball. Some of the older guys will remember these.

You forgot Grandmas Garrett Snuff, Red label or Yellow label.

Bama":2g47qd4e said:
CopeMan":2g47qd4e said:
Bama":2g47qd4e said:

Ive chewed Bloodhound, IMO that is the best chewin baccer around. Id take a plug or twist anyday over a pouch.

Oldtimer":2am1km65 said:
Almost 25 years of Skoal, Red Seal the last several years- near half the price of Skoal. Comes from the same place. Price started going up fast when US tobacco started sponsoring Harry Gant in NASCAR and every other kind of motorsport from racing boats to motorcycles. Then they started taxing the heck out of it too. I'm just a young pup next to you OT-It was 30 cents when I started.
Avery, you do what you want, but if I had it to do over, I'd never have started. There sure ain't no future in it. I've quit before, the last time was for a long while, then somebody offered me a dip and I was dumb enough to take it. Now I get to quit all over again.

I know I need to quit! I have tried and when I go an hour or two without a dip I get :mad: real easy.... on edge......tense......screwy........ :mad: :?: :shock:

I feel like I am a man on the rag without a dip.....

I quit once a week... :) I don't know... I will quit if it goes up any higher thats gol dang sure! :D

I do drink socially but no where near alcoholic!

Thats just about it for me.... drink beer on weekends and dip... don't smoke or any drugs! I don't know how people can stand to do drugs!?!?! I have seen that crap on tv.. who in the hell wants to smoke some white crap out of a spoon??? dduuhh??? am I missing something here???????? :?: :?: :?:

Well nice talking to you guys... big day on the ranch tomorrow gotta hit the sack!

Have fun... :cboy: