Cop ?

Help Support CattleToday:

curtis

Reaction score
Why do the cops shave their heads? A lot of them around here had a head full of hair before they became a cop. Now they look like a onion head. Slick as a polished fire truck.

i think the crome dome look is popular.an they think its cool tobe slick headed.im bald so i keep what hair i have peeled good.

If your ever in a fight with someone and they get a hold on your hair---you'll know..

peg4x4":2w25hu4q said:
If your ever in a fight with someone and they get a hold on your hair---you'll know..

Excellent point, Peg!

Alice

peg4x4":24r7aapg said:

Why don't the women cops shave their heads? We had cops forever that had hair until the last few years.

curtis":1wxicvs3 said:
peg4x4":1wxicvs3 said:

Why don't the women cops shave their heads? We had cops forever that had hair until the last few years.
as macho as they act they should

Think of the famous chrome domes in the movies. Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, um, a whole bunch of other folks I can't think of now...

My husband isn't an actor, but he slicks his off, too. He just thinks he's Bruce Willis... Only Bruce has better skin...

Hm that is odd ,most of our RCMP all have nicely trimmed hair definitely not shaved..The only time I see shaved heads is when the city police get together and shave their heads for cancer ..

I guess it is an American thing..

Well the tall hats that the state troopers wear are probably easier to keep on if you don't have hair sticking up all over the place :lol:

hillsdown":14ct71h7 said:
Hm that is odd ,most of our RCMP all have nicely trimmed hair definitely not shaved..The only time I see shaved heads is when the city police get together and shave their heads for cancer ..

I guess it is an American thing..

Seems to be a "local cop" thing. I've never seen a state trooper with anything but neat well groomed hair and no facial hair at all.

Police officers are expected to be be clean shaven and hair a certain length by some department policies. An officer more clean shaven and clean cut is more likly to gain respect and authority than one with hair to his shoulders and a beard. Alot of police agencies are apart of CALEA an accredation program which requires alot of tough policies for officers, in order for the department to be funded. It's all up to the departments of how they enforce it.

Lammie":3ts8mu79 said:
Think of the famous chrome domes in the movies. Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, um, a whole bunch of other folks I can't think of now...

My husband isn't an actor, but he slicks his off, too. He just thinks he's Bruce Willis... Only Bruce has better skin...

Kojak

curtis":27gqp91t said:
Why do the cops shave their heads? A lot of them around here had a head full of hair before they became a cop. Now they look like a onion head. Slick as a polished fire truck.

I've only noticed that with the younger ones, I'm thinking the older fellas want to hold on to it for as long as possible.

MistyMorning":2k0t33yl said:
curtis":2k0t33yl said:

I've only noticed that with the younger ones, I'm thinking the older fellas want to hold on to it for as long as possible.

Now this is just a thought. One of the most accurate drug screens is done on your hair. If you been growing that ponytail for 10 yrs, we can assess what you have ingested in those 10 yrs. Shaving eliminates that option.

I agree with Peg. Almost every law officer I know has either a completely shaved head or a crew cut. Our local sheriff has more hair then the rest of the officers, but it is very short on the sides.

It may be that most of them have a head swelled up so big that with hair they can't get their hats on.Really I think that when they go through the acadamey they have to get military cut and most keep it.In my state any law officer has to go through it from town cops to DNR officers.

I never see any cops. Last cop I saw was about 6 months ago. Deputy Sheriff he was. Had hair to my recollection.

ga. prime":39xtr3ds said:
I never see any cops. Last cop I saw was about 6 months ago. Deputy Sheriff he was. Had hair to my recollection.

Whoa! You can still "recollect?"

Alice