Cooling Shed/ Show Barn

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirlxupx1034

Reaction score
How much would it be for a cooling shed/ show barn for max 5 show calves? I want to build one but I have no idea how much it would be.

Lot of variables in your question. Is it going to be a strictly cooling/fitting shed? Indoor pens? Tack area? Concrete floor? How big? Water, electric, floor drain, etc.? The cool room by itself can run from $1000 to over $10,000. A 30' x 40', half concrete, couple of pens and cool room, would run at least $17,500, if someone else does most of the work. If you gave some more specifics, could probably get a little closer, but it would only apply to our area.
Building $10,000
Concrete $1,500
Cool room $5,000
Pens $1,000

What are usuing now as your barn? We converted an old dairey barn into a cool room for the calves. It was block and always a few degrees cooler than the wood barns. Had concrete floors and we just blacked out the windows boutght a couple window ac units from yard sales stuck in there. We toke half the barn for fitting and such and the other half we tie up in. toke a 6x6 post and put behind the calves and filled it with wood shavings. So far it has worked out pretty good for us. There are always things that you convert with the right redneck thinking.
When we bought the window units every one laughed when they found out they were going on cows!

Depends on if you're talking about one with a cooler room. A friend of mine put a cooling room in last year at about $30,000.

A three sided barn with overhead doors, concrete 24 x 30 area and a 30' overhang ran me about $12,000 four months ago.

Look up the show barn thread from a couple weeks ago.

Definitely take into consideration the weight bearing/snow load factor. There are plenty of cheap buildings, but they aren't as sturdy.

Sorry I didn't make my post so specific. I have an exsiting barn which is 14x115 feet. Right now it's used for storage. It would be a cooling shed so it the hottest hours in the day which are from noon to 5 pm could go in. They'd have stalls. Then after wards they'd go into their pen or pasture. Their pen will have a 30 inch head fan or would it just be better if I just put them in the barn with my fan? Does that help?

i would just go and put misters and some window ac units around the barn and that woulld be good. and have soem fans runing

Latest posts