Cooking Fruit Cake

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
I have been helping the wife cook a white fruit cake. She says it will have to sit for several days. She had better hide it from me if she wants it to sit for that long. It will be cheaper than the Mary of Pudden hill cakes. I bought two 1 lb ones last week $49.95. I will never do that again. I think the one we are baking will weigh about 6 lbs. Cost less than $15.

jd mary of puddin hills cakes are higher than catsback.an theres not much cake to them.i bet your cake will be some good eating.

My dad has made his own fruitcake for 20 years or more. Just started one Christmas, people liked it and he's been at it ever since. Some of it is decidely better than others, and the quality has changed dramatically since he's aged. This year's was the best. Much more cake like and not so heavy.

Then all you need is some rum for dipping... :shock:

Google Southern Supreme

There are people that order it from all over the world- and our back woods neighborhood has double the traffic(including tour buses) from Thanksgiving to Christmas.

Good stuff- too pricey for me- I just stop in at their tasting room regularly :)

Not real cakey/very nutty and gooey