Cooking fried eggs

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I cooked a ham and Swiss omelet this morning with a little onion in it. While it was cooking in butter, got a little curious as to what folks cooked their fried eggs in (not an omelet).

When I cook fried eggs (always over easy) I prefer to use any grease from bacon or sausage that was cooked before to go with my eggs. But if I don't have the grease it's always butter. Does anyone use anything else such as veggie oil or a spray on and if so how does it work?

Alan

Alan":2drgq1gd said:
I cooked a ham and Swiss omelet this morning with a little onion in it. While it was cooking in butter, got a little curious as to what folks cooked their fried eggs in (not an omelet).

When I cook fried eggs (always over easy) I prefer to use any grease from bacon or sausage that was cooked before to go with my eggs. But if I don't have the grease it's always butter. Does anyone use anything else such as veggie oil or a spray on and if so how does it work?

Alan

Use butter. :D

It's better for you than any of that other stuff. Especially grease from cured pork. :help: :heart:

3waycross":ptz7t4to said:
Alan":ptz7t4to said:

Alan

Use butter. :D

It's better for you than any of that other stuff. Especially grease from cured pork. :help: :heart:
yep but that grease sure makes them eggs taste better
I am with you on cooking eggs Alan

Cast iron skillet for over easy eggs, cooked with a little oil and butter. Scrambled eggs, in the non stick skillet with just a little butter.

Our sausage is lean it doesn't make enough grease to cook the eggs in, and I like the butter flavor anyway. Save the bacon grease for fried potatoes, just a little for flavor along with the "healthy fat" cooking oil.

MO_cows":2vrtfxc2 said:
Cast iron skillet for over easy eggs, cooked with a little oil and butter. Scrambled eggs, in the non stick skillet with just a little butter.

Our sausage is lean it doesn't make enough grease to cook the eggs in, and I like the butter flavor anyway. Save the bacon grease for fried potatoes, just a little for flavor along with the "healthy fat" cooking oil.

:lol: That sounds a lot like the diet Coke ordered with a Double Bacon Cheesburger........

Alan":297c1zzt said:

Alan
If I'm going to indulge in a few good fried eggs (which are suppose to kill you) then I try to speed up the process by using some good bacon or sausage drippin's to cook them in....But I do drain them well before putting on the plate WITH the sausage and/or bacon. ;-) Add a couple of big cathead biscuits, some honey, a glass of milk and all is fine.

We use butter or like you said bacon grease.

But my favorite is the way my grandma fixed them for me. Potatoes and eggs together.

Latest posts