convert single wheel truck to dually

Help Support CattleToday:

It can be done. But remember that it does not change the GVW of the truck and can not be licensed any heavier.

You might ask around if there are different bearings, brakes, ect on a dually axle. For that price you might be able to rob a whole dually axle from a junk yard or neighbor with junk in their yard.

We do a lot of busines with SWW. Nice people.

Edit... Googled it real quick and it looks like there can be some difference in hubs and brake drums.

Looks like $750 for back and $450 for the front. Plus 6 tires when you get it put together. You still have 3/4 when you get done, but I guess you get the extra stability.

I owned a 93 3/4 dodge 2wd that has the dually added aftermarket from the dealer. I added the 1ton hub caps to the front and no ever noticed it said 250 on the door.

On the 2003 and up fords the only difference between the 250 and 350 is the springs on the rear. Just in case anyone wanted to know

saltbranch":2bg304y7 said:
Has anyone used one of these kits to convert a 3/4 or 1 ton single wheel truck to a dually? I have a 3/4 ton I am thinking about redoing and do the dually conversion and put a flatbed on.

http://www.southwestwheel.com/store/c-1 ... pters.aspx

I have a single wheel 350 and had thought about it. I decided if I put a flat bed on it I would just order one to fit the single wheel axle.

fitz

I wouldn't think it would do much good to change to duals without changing the springs. Like said before you could probably find a complete 1 ton rear end with the springs from a wrecked truck. If its 4x4 just make sure the gear ratio matches the front end and run the same tire height.

its a 89' Chevy 3/4 ton. I want to change for stability and to put a regular full width flatbed on, not the the narrow one for a single wheel. I plan on putting winch and poles on this truck, thats the reason for stability and full size bed.I don't intend for this to increase the GVWR and I understand it will not.

Latest posts