Conversion from Boom Jet to Boom Sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

dcara

Reaction score
I currently have a 300g boomless sprayer. I want to get more even coverage, reduce spray drift, and be able to spray in a little stronger wind. So I'm thinking of replaceing my Boomjet mister which has a 40ft swath with a 30ft boom. Has anyone done this that can recommend a manufacture or parts

Should be able to contact any company that makes boom sprayers to find out and get what you need

I did that a couple years back. Just went to the dealer where I bought the sprayer and he ordered the complete boom setup for me. It's a simple bolt-on deal doing it like that, as most sprayers can be bought with nozzle or boom--the sprayer tank and frame is all the same for either. Don't remember what the boom kit cost, but however much it was, it was money very well spent.

I built my own, But I left my cluster nozzle on also and put a switch in the line so I could use either or. On quiet days I like that 40 ft cluster nozzle and when I get a little wind I can change to the 30 ft boom. I'm calibrated for both.
Some places I spray I cant use a boom. I commercial spray rough terrain sometimes.

I got lucky and found a recently returned 30ft boom at the local dealer. He let me have for $200! It had the hoses and check valves but was missing the 9 screw on nozzles, screens etc. which I ordered for like $50. In hind sight I should have bought a lottery ticket that day