Controversy

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
Why ?
What's the benefit ?
Going sell more tickets ?
More memorabilia ?
I see no reason whatsoever to get involved.
They could have just kept playing like they have been for over a 100 years without all the added bs and drama.

It doesn't make me a dam what others sexually orientation is as long as it doesnt effect me.
But expected to be praised for it pizzes me off

https://sports.yahoo.com/cardinals-anno ... 26706.html

Cross,

I had to Google what Pride Night is. It appears to be a night of recognition of the gay and lesbian community. Is that right?

According to the article they had a Christianity Day. So now they are having a Pride Night. Personally, I feel no affiliation with either of those special interest groups. I guess they could have a night recognizing Beef Producers.

Who cares? I don't see where it hurts anyone. So where is the beef?

Excerpt:
As they promised they would, the St. Louis Cardinals announced on Friday plans for their first ever Pride Night at Busch Stadium. The Cardinals had been embattled in a little bit of controversy recently because they picked Lance Berkman to be their speaker at Christianity Day and Berkman's views on the LGBTQ community aren't exactly sympathetic. Feeling some pressure there, the Cardinals promised they'd create a Pride Night too, eventually.

Cross,

If the organization had been the National Beef Association who wanted a Beef Night would you have been "pizzed off". I edited the article as follows:

As they promised they would, the St. Louis Cardinals announced on Friday plans for their first ever Beef Night at Busch Stadium. The Cardinals had been embattled in a little bit of controversy recently because they picked Lance Berkman to be their speaker at Christianity Day and Berkman's views on the Beef community aren't exactly sympathetic. Feeling some pressure there, the Cardinals promised they'd create a Beef Night too, eventually.

Bright Raven":39kjukr4 said:
Cross,

If the organization had been the National Beef Association who wanted a Beef Night would you have been "pizzed off". I edited the article as follows:

As they promised they would, the St. Louis Cardinals announced on Friday plans for their first ever Beef Night at Busch Stadium. The Cardinals had been embattled in a little bit of controversy recently because they picked Lance Berkman to be their speaker at Christianity Day and Berkman's views on the Beef community aren't exactly sympathetic. Feeling some pressure there, the Cardinals promised they'd create a Beef Night too, eventually.
The Hindi would be up in arms... They might shyt all over the place.

HDRider":8grqgvef said:
Bright Raven":8grqgvef said:
Cross,

The Hindi would be up in arms... They might shyt all over the place.

I know you mean Hindu. Hindi is a language as you probably know. I am not correcting your spelling. I don't do that unless there is an issue in understanding your meaning.

Now that we got that straight. I have never known of a complaint by Hindus over other cultures eating beef.

Bright Raven":31vhe3ca said:
Cross,

If I was to go thinking it was beef night. And it ended up being pride night...I'd be pizzed

Cross-7":rz5725f5 said:
Why take a stance on any issue.
Play ball and don't get involved.

It is good business to patronize your market. For every person who might be offended and personally, I would think the number offended would be small, there are others who are attracted to the park.

Edited to add: If someone is looking for something to be offended over, they will find it.

True Grit Farms":112x4gup said:
I dang sure wouldn't want to be at a baseball game with a bunch of queers. And I feel for the kids that try to chase foul balls down, I'm sure they all get hid.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/548173665000 ... show-clips
They can't stand themselves.

To use that logic, fisherman, farmers and forestry workers must not be able to "stand themselves". The Center For Disease Control reports that they have the highest suicide rates:

Analysis of 2012 National Violent Death Reporting System data from 17 states indicated that workers in the farming, fishing, and forestry occupational group had the highest rate of suicide (84.5 per 100,000), followed by workers in construction and extraction (53.3), and installation, maintenance, and repair (47.9).

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/wr/mm6525a1.htm

Bright Raven":387mfoum said:
True Grit Farms":387mfoum said:
I dang sure wouldn't want to be at a baseball game with a bunch of queers. And I feel for the kids that try to chase foul balls down, I'm sure they all get hid.

To use that logic, fisherman, farmers and forestry workers must not be able to "stand themselves". The Center For Disease Control reports that they have the highest suicide rates:

Analysis of 2012 National Violent Death Reporting System data from 17 states indicated that workers in the farming, fishing, and forestry occupational group had the highest rate of suicide (84.5 per 100,000), followed by workers in construction and extraction (53.3), and installation, maintenance, and repair (47.9).

That's a very poor study at best, did you notice the 17 states that were used in the study? Just more fake news, your fitting right in with them.

Familiarity breeds neglect.

A farm is a very dangerous place. That thought actually seldom enters my mind. I'm here all the time. I'm around it all the time. Big moving machinery. Dangerous animals. I hardly ever give it a second thought.

Let that city slicker friend bring their kids out for the afternoon. Their parents will be extremely verbal about it. Watch for this. Stay away from that.

It doesn't phase me, because I've seen it so much. I respect it, but it's not so obvious to me.

Pride night at the ball park works the same way.

True Grit Farms":1w3lfa3i said:
Bright Raven":1w3lfa3i said:
True Grit Farms":1w3lfa3i said:

That's a very poor study at best, did you notice the 17 states that were used in the study? Just more fake news, your fitting right in with them.

Grit,
I don't think "I fit right in" but I will say this:

I would just as soon endure a Pride Night with what you call "Queers" as I would to endure a Christianity Day with preachers performing rituals to "Ghost Riders in the Sky".

Bright Raven":gvbb5vfu said:
True Grit Farms":gvbb5vfu said:
Bright Raven":gvbb5vfu said:

Grit,

I would just as soon endure a Pride Night with what you call "Queers" as I would to endure a Christianity Day with preachers performing rituals to "Ghost Riders in the Sky".

At least with the preachers you'll have some really good food and the best kind of desserts.

True Grit Farms":3jzqhc5b said:
Bright Raven":3jzqhc5b said:
True Grit Farms":3jzqhc5b said:

Grit,

At least with the preachers you'll have some really good food and the best kind of desserts.

Don't "Queers" cook and bake?