Continuous fence question

Help Support CattleToday:

david1852

Reaction score
I'm in the process of building my first Bud Box (12' X 20') on the back of my barn and will be using GoBob continuous fence panels, which I already have. All of my posts are in the ground too.

The land where I'm building the box has a crown to it. The land is flat where the loading ally will be and it slopes off the other two sides. One side slopes down about 16" and the other is a little less.

Since the fence panels are long and rigid, obviously they will not follow the slope of the land. I'd thought about cutting the panels and stair step between the posts but I hate to cut the panels.

Any opinions of the best way to do it would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS- I've been lurking on here for over a year and picked up a lot of good ideas. An old dog CAN learn new tricks.

I would just add something like a wire cattle panel to the bottom that is off the ground. Cut the bottom of the wire to match the slope, wire the top to the go bob panel them attach a pipe along the sloped bottom from post to post and wire the bottom to it.

Take your bucket and scrape 8" off the crown the panels will sit on the ground at the loading alley and be 8" off the ground on each side. level and plumb.
Put the dirt you scrape up where the panels will be off the ground

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions.

I doubt that I will do anymore grading to the ground since all the posts are set.

One thing I am considering is, after attaching the fence panel to the high side posts, taking my loader and pushing the low side down to the correct height from the ground. Shouldn't be that much. I had 2 other guys say that they had done that under the same circumstances as me and it worked great, following the ground contour perfectly.

david1852 said:

I doubt that I will do anymore grading to the ground since all the posts are set.

One thing I am considering is, after attaching the fence panel to the high side posts, taking my loader and pushing the low side down to the correct height from the ground. Shouldn't be that much. I had 2 other guys say that they had done that under the same circumstances as me and it worked great, following the ground contour perfectly.

That's how we make them flow with the ground. :welcome:

Farm Fence Solutions said:
david1852 said:

That's how we make them flow with the ground. :welcome:

Thanks for the reply and approval. I was hoping you or one of the other experts would chime in.

Any other tricks when installing continuous fence on uneven ground?

PS- Those Strainrite and Gripple tools that I got from you last year work great!

After following the how to post pics instructions I keep getting the following message. What am I doing wrong?

"You can't post image, email or url links that are external to this domain. Please remove..."

You should have an add image to post link under your post box.

Yes, I'd been trying to use that link but it wouldn't work. I had to click on the full editor button first and then the add pic.

First trial run of my new Bud Box and it worked perfectly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I8l5JbpZFx0