Contest - 'Hay'

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas said:
Nesikep said:
kenny thomas said:
Love the contest. Only thing I can say is I'm too stupid to get the pictures posted I guess.
you post from a phone or from a computer?
Phone almost always

do you see the Add image to post link below the comment entry box? that's the easiest, but if you can't do it that way (there were some issues with it a while back), you can to to www.postimages.org and select the pic(s) you want, click upload, then copy the "Hotlink for forums" text and paste that here

Richnm said:
WL Brand Alfalfa , 500 pounds a year of 11-52 fertalizer. And a little round up

What variety of WL? See them advertised quite a bit. Have you ever tried anything from Byron, or Dairyland?

sim.-ang.king said:
Richnm said:
WL Brand Alfalfa , 500 pounds a year of 11-52 fertalizer. And a little round up

What variety of WL? See them advertised quite a bit. Have you ever tried anything from Byron, or Dairyland?

WL 454. My neighbor uses WL 363 and it almost keeps up with 454. Never tried Byron or Dairyland. Tried just about everything else , America's Alfalfa, ranger , common(s) , etc. WL is the best, produces 8 tons or so an acre. Pay attention to the fall Dormancy rating. You probably need a 3 or 4 out there for colder weather or it will winter kill.

Chevy said:
sim.-ang.king said:
This begs the question as to what qualifies as hay? Does that mean anytime after it's mowed down? When it's dry? Or after it's baled?
I mean I have a "hay field" that grows hay, does that count???

:lol:

Hay.... anything that has to do with hay. Go buck wild.
Hay...
Hay stack
Hay equipment
Hay field
Cut hay
Dry hay
Square bale hay
Round bale hay
Pile of hay
Hay for horses
Hay for cows
Hay for a nap 🤷🏽‍♀️

Hopefully I answered your question. Use your imagination anything hay. 😊
How about, a roll in the hay.

This girl stood there in the field by our front yard and wife snapped a pic. She was not at all concerned - suspect she knew she was on "protected ground".
We hope to start cutting next week.
Best to all,
Bez

Bez said:
This girl stood there in the field by our front yard and wife snapped a pic. She was not at all concerned - suspect she knew she was on "protected ground".
Best to all,
Bez

Howdy stranger!

Nesikep said:
Bez said:
Best to all,
Bez

Howdy stranger!

And backatchya!
My best to you
Bez

Bare with me on the Polls for the Hay photo contest. I'm still learning here. I could only add so many pictures to one poll, hopefully the administration will change before the next photo contest. Thanks everybody that entered.

Latest posts