Contest - 'Fails'

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
We have had a couple of requests in the past to hold a 'Fails' contest, so here we go. Show us the things you broke, wrecked, projects that didn't work out, photograph fails etc.

Closing date for entries - 22 July 24h00. The voting poll will be held from 23 - 31 July. All entries to be submitted via personal message to myself, alisonb. The winner will be announced on 1 Aug. Pic dimensions should be 640x480 pix(or close to that). Please read the rules before entering.

Have fun!

I have paid a lot of stupid taxes through the years.
The all time best around here the Mrs caught the kitchen sink on fire.
I dare anyone to top that one.

Caustic Burno":2u9mfx64 said:
I have paid a lot of stupid taxes through the years.
The all time best around here the Mrs caught the kitchen sink on fire.
I dare anyone to top that one.
Pics or it didn't happen! My mother tends to use the smoke detector as the kitchen timer too.. heats up a pan of oil.. I'll just get some basil from the garden.. Oh, I better water this or that.. meanwhile....

I think I know what I'll enter since it's recent and I have a picture of it.. Never did take a picture of when I flipped the Allis HD6 onto its roof in the creekbed.. hard to top that one.. sure was fun getting it back upright too.

I was installing a wrap around bug shield on my brand spanking new 1999 Chevy 1500 when one screw was to short. Grabbed one just a tad longer I thought and proceeded to run it clean thru the hood. The wife and I had just started dating and I was in her driveway. The neighbors got a language introduction to me that day.

this happened to my trusty horse yesterday... cam chain tensioner and gear got into a fight, both lost.. Had spares so it's fixed back up now

Nesikep":y4eux40o said:
What is it? Gigantic connecting rod? doesn't look like there's anything wrong with it except it's not connecting anything

Yep con rod. You're right. Nothing wrong with it, (much)..except it came flying out of a 800hp oilfield triplex pump one night when a big Caterpillar engine ran away about 30 seconds after the governor decided it wanted to become a grenade..
I thought the whole world had blown up.

Farm Fence Solutions":2lc0w052 said:
How many times can I enter?
:shock: :lol:

M-5":2lc0w052 said:
just to be sure that I enter the right picture. is this equipment fails? or Life fails?
Any fails...if you can capture a 'life' fail in a pic you are welcome ;-)

Nesikep":1v3akt7s said:
I've watched many runaway diesel videos on youtube.. the Detroits are the most spectacular, especially for the sound!
Seen a few on first gens while turning up fuel. I always keep a board handy to block turbo to kill it.

RanchMan90":16gjwvgq said:
Nesikep":16gjwvgq said:
I've watched many runaway diesel videos on youtube.. the Detroits are the most spectacular, especially for the sound!
Seen a few on first gens while turning up fuel. I always keep a board handy to block turbo to kill it.

I have to do that to a truck in the near future here.. definitely going to have something to kill it with handy!
I'm actually thinking of making a slide gate style shutdown for temporary installation out of 3/16th aluminum.. kinda like the RV sewer valves.. doesn't need to be fancy, just kill the air.. wouldn't even have to be that big as airflow isn't critical.. Could probably make one that's sized so that it gets too restrictive to have a full blown runaway!

Latest posts