Contest - "Antiques"

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
This time round we are looking for pics of antiques. Just so that we are clear about the meaning of antique(not Vintage or Retro) here it is from Wiki -
An antique (Latin: antiquus; "old", "ancient") is a collectable item, at least 100 years old. It is collected or desirable because of its age, beauty, rarity, condition, utility, personal emotional connection, and/or other unique features. It is an object that represents a previous era or time period in human society. Antiques are usually objects that show some degree of craftsmanship—or a certain attention to design, such as a desk or an early automobile.

The deadline for entries is 22 June, the voting poll will be held from 23 - 30 June. All entries to be submitted via personal message to myself, alisonb. The winner will be announced on 1 July.

:D

TexasBred":ixq2ew5n said:
I could repost my picture I guess.
You still have a few decades to go before qualifying.. according to that wiki definition.,.

I have only a few things that meet the age requirement, but they simply won't be photo-interesting so I'll probably pass on this one.

greybeard":2vu0y71y said:
TexasBred":2vu0y71y said:
You still have a few decades to go before qualifying.. according to that wiki definition.,.

I have only a few things that meet the age requirement, but they simply won't be photo-interesting so I'll probably pass on this one.
Maybe I could fit into the "relic" category for now. :lol2:

TexasBred":eaexpkoc said:
That pic is ancient...we need a more recent one :p

Greybeard - The antique does not necessarily have to belong to you...you must just be the photographer ;-)

I never could find the item I was going to enter--it's here 'somewhere'. Gave it to my wife to put up a few months ago so if something happened to me, she would know what it was and my kids would have it.
The dressing gown my paternal grandmother wore at her christening at around 1 yr old--that's what the hand written note in the old box said. It's very fragile. I don't know what year that was, but my father was born in 1918..

Sorry folks, hectic here...will post pics tomorrow morning. If anyone still wants to enter I will accept late entries up until then. :D

greybeard":2c53hy42 said:
I still need to dig mine out, but I would have to find some documentation to go with it.

I have my grandparents wedding photo
from 1895 in the original frame.
I have no clue how you could prove when it was taken.

Latest posts