Contact wearers

Help Support CattleToday:

sidney411":94vvi9f5 said:
Hope all goes well, I am interestd as well in how it works out, I am looking into it too, I hate these darn glasses. So Dun - you gonna do it too if Triple D comed back with a good report?

I'll see waht the feelings are about it after a year of living with the surgery.
Don't knoe how many winters I have to worry about the cold so it's not a high priority this week.

dun

OHTAY I DONE IT, Sorry I'm a little late getting back to you. I had it done Thursday afternoon. I have to admit Thursday night was a little ruff. The doc put a plastic lens in my eye cuz of some scare tissue, something about wanting it to be smooth when I blink. ( Old sand blasting injury). That caused some discomfort. Give me some happy pills and wanted me to go to bed for around four hours. I tried, just can't sleep if the sun's up. I did doze off about 4:30 p.m. Got a call around 6:30 which woke me and I kinda cat napped till morning. Doc's office called around eight that night to check on me. It was pouring water out of it. Felt like a (for those who know what I'm talking about) medium welders burn. Not too bad but still the sand in the eye, hurts when it's open and hurts when it's closed. Doc said come on in first thing in the morning.

When I got up Friday morning I couldn't see much out of it, kinda foggy. I got to the office and they removed that lens. Man oh man, what a difference, almost instantly I could SEE, and better than ever. They sent me on my way and as the day went on the better I could see. I'm seeing stuff now I didn't know was there. Utterly amazing. Poor vision kinda creeps up on ya I guess. I'm still in aw.

Not too painful at all. Hurts some what when they push down on your eye ball to remove the lens, last about ten seconds. Course I had about a half a hangover so maybe that had something to do with it.

I know it's early on but so far I'm very happy. I'd recommend it to anybody. It just keeps getting better. Tomorrow I may have a different story, but for now it's great.

Some problems are you gotta put these drops in your eye four times day, inflammation and antibiotics for a week. And you gotta sleep in these stupid goggles for a week to keep you from scratching your eye in your sleep. Little girl told me four days should be good enough.

I'll be gone till around Thursday less I can find some place in between to get on line, but if anyone's got any questions PM me. I may be slow getting back to you but I will get back.

I was surprised to find out that until recently the LASix surgery was done with a knife and not a laser.
I'm still chicken

dun