Connealy Irish 0204

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
Whats' you alls thought on this bull. He's really starting to trip my hammer!
Connealy Irish 0204
[ AMF-CAF-DDF-NHF ]
Connealy Irish 0204

Click photo to enlarge
Reg. No.: 16761484
Calved: 1/26/2010
Tattoo: 0204

Semen: $18
Certificates: $35

1/30/2014 EPD

Connealy Irish 0204:
Irish is one of the most exciting young sires in the breed for spread EPDs powered by Pfizer HD 50K.
His individual ratios against herd mates and a bullet proof pedigree for calving ease combined with docility and strong carcass make him an appealing young sire.
His productive young dam records 2 at 111 NR and 2 at 114 YR. Irish's pedigree is backed by three generations of calving ease sires and can be used on the most popular pedigrees in today's herds.

Production Maternal
CED
Acc BW
Acc WW
Acc YW
Acc RADG
Acc YH
Acc SC
Acc DOC
Acc HP
Acc CEM
Acc Milk
Acc MkH
MkD MW
Acc MH
Acc EN$

+15
.75 -.2
.88 +55
.82 +108
.68 +.27
.35 +.2
.37 +1.24
.70 +26
.48 +6.6
.20 +15
.14 +23
.21 .
. +37
.39 +.3
.26 -8.09

Carcass Usnd $Values
CW
Acc Marb
Acc RE
Acc Fat
Acc Grp
Prog UGrp
UProg Wean Feedlot Grid $QG $YG Beef
+37
.48 +.62
.56 +.74
.51 -.038
.51 6
13 28
86 37.03 56.54 42.95 31.71 11.24 98.59

Connealy Wrangler Connealy Cowboy C A Future Direction 5321
Beckah of Conanga 747
Kelly of Conanga 577 G A R Grid Maker
Connealy Bando 133
Connealy Irish 0204
Black Crest of Conanga 5640 Mytty In Focus S A F Focus of E R
Mytty Countess 906
Black Cresha of Conanga 3314 C R A Bextor 872 5205 608
Black Creesa of Conanga 5332

I ordered semen and changed my mind. Connealy had better bulls at that sale that were bought by other semen dealers - better numbers and better individual stats. I think Genex just wanted a bull out of this year's crop. His mature weight didn't seem to pan out for me relative to his frame either. He's cheap though. No doubt about that. All that said, I've never seen him or one of his calves in real time so it was just a hunch.

I saw Irish and In Sure together at Genex last year. They are good the best two in the barn that day both solid black. Irish is a thicker In Sure is cleaner. Genex is pushing In Sure more for a calving ease sire. Irish is gone as of Oct and Irish is gone. In Sure is in the front pasture pen he took Upwards spot. Looking at EPDs I am heavily considering Irish to flush two favorite cows of mine that have real good epds. I personally not that sold on In Sure. Genex has other locations I was at the Strafford so I assume the other favorites are at other Genex locations. I think TC has Irish just a wild guess.

FWI I am flushing to Upward and Investment if the cows work I may hit one of them with Irish as he sure would complement my cows. A totally different bull was recommended to me that's off most of our radar is JSAR Titan semen on him is 175 bit higher that Irish btw Irish is one of the new Genex high preg rate sires they are promoting. I have not been to Connealy sale but if Stan Locke is buying for Genex he goes after the very best regardless
:cboy:

:welcome: Thanks for the input. I'm really starting to like Authentic a lot. As I've always been a 5050 fan. I also have used KG Solution 0018. I 've had real good luck with him first calf heifers. B&G

B&G used Connealy In Focus this year calves are beasts came out between 60-75 lbs only problem when I bought the semen he was a 7 for CE when the new catalog came out he has fell to a big fat 0. Calves look real good so my next round of I was looking at Connealy Trooper and or I bull I really like Rathbun Accelerate thinking I can make some real good balancers with these guys. You still need to come down and take a look at my spring heifers.

double v":fth600k5 said:
B&G used Connealy In Focus this year calves are beasts came out between 60-75 lbs only problem when I bought the semen he was a 7 for CE when the new catalog came out he has fell to a big fat 0. Calves look real good so my next round of I was looking at Connealy Trooper and or I bull I really like Rathbun Accelerate thinking I can make some real good balancers with these guys. You still need to come down and take a look at my spring heifers.

Yes, I do! B&G

Latest posts