Connealy in focus

Help Support CattleToday:

Midtenn

Reaction score
Need to decide fairly quickly on purchasing a bull due to my main clean up bull just tested bad and the young bull probably can't handle them all. I found a 16 month connealy in focus son I like just wondering if anybody has had any problems with soundness, fertility, etc. most calves will be terminal some heifers will be kept. He will NOT be used on heifers. Thank you.

One of my favorite bulls I have ever used. If you do decide to retain heifers they will be big that's my only downfall with him. Great muscling docile is good heifers bred and rebred well held there weight well also. Calves grow like weeds and adg/intake was good with commercial calves and registered stock. Will throw that typical in focus head tho

Our inital return to Angus genetics was a son of Conneally Focus 188(himself a son of SAF Focus of ER) bull, out of an 878 daughter.
As hogtiming said, they'll grow into big cows. Almost every one far surpassed their linebred SimAngus dams in frame and weight. Dispositions have been very good. And...heads are distinctive. 12 years out, the bulk of the herd is still composed of daughters/granddaughters... but we kept the old bull 'til he was 10... doing cleanup behind AI for the last 6 years he was here.

We have used Connealy In Focus but don't have many calves from him. They come small and grow fast. Only have 1 daughter that is milking. She appears to be a heavy milker. Raising her second calf now. Temperament appears to be fine. Mine have not been that large.

I talked to owner before using him. Said he had been used on large heifer projects.

I am referring to the Genex bull. I think Lucky_P is referring to a different bull.

Good luck.

Farmgirl

Farmgirl":1nshkqfw said:
We have used Connealy In Focus but don't have many calves from him. They come small and grow fast. Only have 1 daughter that is milking. She appears to be a heavy milker. Raising her second calf now. Temperament appears to be fine. Mine have not been that large.

I talked to owner before using him. Said he had been used on large heifer projects.

I am referring to the Genex bull. I think Lucky_P is referring to a different bull.

Good luck.

Farmgirl

I think he is referring to a brother. I'm talking about CIF 4925. Appreciate all the responses. I went ahead and bought him and already picked him up.

Latest posts