Conneally v-eight

Help Support CattleToday:

Tbrake

Reaction score
Another one of these post :deadhorse: . My local rep who I've became close friends with switched company's. The company he is with now is fairly new to the beef side of things. He offered me a very good price on Semen and his service. Very good. The bull he is pushing very hard is v-eight. https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... pyEw%3d%3d
I'm scared to breed to such a young bull without a few more opinions. Always breeding for maternal power and growth. His milk is lower than than we like, but he suspects it will come up. What do you think about this bull?

Good friend, good price, good service, young sires are always a bit of a crap shoot, sure I'd try him on a few cows.
I'm sure you won't go over board, but no reason to fear a little risk for potential reward.
He certainly is a good growth, carcass $B sire and maybe you'll get a daughter or 2 that you'll like too.

His name suggests power. I think an AI bull has to have a stand out name to be successfull. Seriously though I have calves on the ground the last 2 years by Connealy Earnan and they are very thick and powerfull, his milk EBV is a little lower than what I like and is probably where his lower milk EPD comes from. I have just used Basin Payweight 1682 on a couple of cows a month ago and do know his milk EBV is around where I like it. Probably I would not use him because of his milk but I would be interested.

Ken

I really like Connealy Century. I emailed Jerry Connealy because I wanted to know what they expected milk-wise. They don't expect he will add milk but apparently his mother has an exceptional udder. He is from the same family as Connealy Countdown. One of his current owners said that their best calf is by Century and I believe Connealy should be selling some sons in sales coming up.

I actually really liked United but was talked out of him because I was told his animals were on the small side.
I also have semen out of Connealy Comrade who is a three-quarter brother to United. And United's epds for marbling and ribeye dropped. They both were 1.00 at one point. If you look back at some of the McKellar Angus sales results they sold some nice United calves out of Connealy cows.
Century has a lot of eye appeal and is from a great cow family. I know CRV is very excited about V-Eight.
I just saw Century first and liked him and his pedigree. Century already has calves on the ground that sound promising.
I had looked at a sales catalog from some farm in Nebraska and they had nice Eldorado calves. ( I couldn't find it when I looked tonight).
Eldorado sold for $14,000 in the same sale that Index sold for $100,000 and I was curious as to why that was.

Air gator said:
I actually really liked United but was talked out of him because I was told his animals were on the small side.
I also have semen out of Connealy Comrade who is a three-quarter brother to United. And United's epds for marbling and ribeye dropped. They both were 1.00 at one point. If you look back at some of the McKellar Angus sales results they sold some nice United calves out of Connealy cows.
Century has a lot of eye appeal and is from a great cow family. I know CRV is very excited about V-Eight.
I just saw Century first and liked him and his pedigree. Century already has calves on the ground that sound promising.
I had looked at a sales catalog from some farm in Nebraska and they had nice Eldorado calves. ( I couldn't find it when I looked tonight).
Eldorado sold for $14,000 in the same sale that Index sold for $100,000 and I was curious as to why that was.
Saw the eldorado only sold for 14k$. Must not have been many interested in him. That is a concern to me, guys around here have paid close to that for a herd bull. Will likely try both v8 and century. Need to get my mind made up quick, he wanted me to have Semen ordered by mid December to get it cheap

Any more thoughts on these two bulls before I️ order Semen? v-eight and century. Links are in my first couple post.

Latest posts