Congress and Healthcare

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffamom

Reaction score
John Flemming a Congressmen from LA has a survey you can fill out. One simple question...
Do you feel Members of Congress should be forced to enroll themselves in the health care plan they vote for?

Visit his website to state your opinion on the matter.
http://fleming.house.gov/index.html

sb

ffamom":21dcxujf said:
John Flemming a Congressmen from LA has a survey you can fill out. One simple question...
Do you feel Members of Congress should be forced to enroll themselves in the health care plan they vote for?

sb

Please don't misunderstand me...is he serious? Who is their right mind would vote differently?

kenny thomas":2njqc0eq said:
Well, you did say who in their right mind so that might leave them out. :???:

I was thinking the same thing.

I have noticed a pattern of how some poll questions are asked. What happens is the results end up overwhelming one way to prove a point. Same thing with scientific medical papers, such as the tobacco subject. The list can go on and on though, such as climate, etc. They seem to be centered around money and power instead of principle and integrity.

HerefordSire":2hkp612c said:
They seem to be centered around money and power instead of principle and integrity.

Just goes to show that you cannot serve two masters.

I watched the House hearings for several hours today and found it quite interesting. Insurance companies are spending a million per day to block any change in the current system. Both sides have good points but I seriously doubt either side truly wants to hurt their campaign financiers.

They won't accept the same retirements we receive and that discussion has gone on for years.

Someone defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over yet expecting a different result. They flailed with this whole issue a decade ago and some have been flailing with it every since.

kenny thomas":hmh7lr31 said:
Well, you did say who in their right mind so that might leave them out. :???:

You can't use congress and right mind in the same thread. They just don't go together.

Well,you gotta agree that Ins Co not covering a womans emergency room visits if there have family violence police calls to the house,
because wife beating is a PREEXISTING CONDITION is just wrong..

peg4x4":32txgvd2 said:
Well,you gotta agree that Ins Co not covering a womans emergency room visits if there have family violence police calls to the house,

Where does this greed warped logic end? Its no wonder why over 60% of the bankruptcies last year were due to health reasons with over 70% of these consisting of people who thought they had good insurance. The sad thing is you don't truly know how good your insurance is until you actually need it. While I agree with the attributes of capitalism I do question the ability of capitalism to work properly in a monopoly.

Jogeephus":xgp9049l said:

It is very hard not to serve two masters. The temptation can be overwelming without proper support, that is, unless you have very strong willpower. But, even the person with the strongest willpower, needs proper support at times, correct?

HerefordSire":3qtdsd2q said:
Jogeephus":3qtdsd2q said:

It is very hard not to serve two masters. The temptation can be overwelming without proper support, that is, unless you have very strong willpower. But, even the person with the strongest willpower, needs proper support at times, correct?

I agree but feel when support is given it should be an unconditional support and not support similar to puppet strings.

It is simple, all americans U.S. , should have the same insurance as congress,the president...After all these people as our employes, so why should we the boss now be treated the same....

alftn":mni2jhvz said:
It is simple, all americans U.S. , should have the same insurance as congress,the president...After all these people as our employes, so why should we the boss now be treated the same....

Because that just makes too much sense. Reference my above post that congress and right mind shouldn't even be in the same thread.

It cost me and my wife 6000$ a year to have insurance, neither of use has much of anything wrong with us(crazy does not count), and can not write it off my taxes...

ffamom":22lqt7gh said:

sb

No. If you have a good health insurance program that you like, you can keep it. Congress has a good health progam. Why should they be forced to leave it?

peg4x4":22l4oknn said:

Did you see the article about the insurance company refusing to cover a 4-month old baby because he was too fat? Nursing his mother and the insurance company said he was too fat! What's she supposed to do, starve the kid?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,564501,00.html

And now they refuse to cover a 2 year old girl because she's too small........go figger.....

I think the kind of reform we need would be something that would put some ethics and common sense back into the business world.

Frankie":gwz7gujb said:
No. If you have a good health insurance program that you like, you can keep it. Congress has a good health progam. Why should they be forced to leave it?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts