Congratulations Gizmo Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
Named the seed stock producer of the year at the Alabama BCIA annual meeting this year. Well deserved. Gizmom will be leading the Alabama BCIA for the next year as well.

A really nice program and panel discussion today as well. Three very experienced producers that all market their heifers differently were on hand to discuss how they market. Believe it or not they agree on alot more things than they disagree on.

So glad I was able to attend, one of my favorite extension agents was named extension educator of the year. Awesome day.

Thanks so much we are truly humbled and proud, we consider this award a great honor. What Scott didn't mention Cunningham was awarded for improvement in weaning weights for a mid size herd. Northwest Florida was well represented at this years meeting

gizmom said:
Thanks so much we are truly humbled and proud, we consider this award a great honor. What Scott didn't mention Cunningham was awarded for improvement in weaning weights for a mid size herd. Northwest Florida was well represented at this years meeting
Gizmon, I take it that "Cunningham" that you mentioned is jscunn??? If that is the case then well done js, great to see your work recognized.

Ken

gizmom said:

And for some reason, I thought you were going to slow down. Congratulations! :clap:

gizmom said:
Gizmom,
To be honored for your entire program is a big deal, you should be very proud of all of the work of you and the crew. Our deal was small potatoes, like I said before seeing you and KT recieved recognition for all your hard work was worth the drive to me..

We really are trying to cut back, But I had already made the commitment to BCIA to serve. Michelle the director of Alabama BCIA does such a great job all I have to do is show up for meetings. I am going to put in a plug for BCIA membership, if your state offers a BCIA program (Florida doesn't) I highly recommend getting involved. Having a person like Michell available to discuss your operation with is invaluable. ALBCIA has several sales each year for its members to consign to, also the help you can get with your herd records, not to mention the educational benefits. The boss and I will be headed to the BIF convention n June if you want to Know the latest scientific data on cattle BIF is the place to be. We attended the BIF meeting when it was in Biloxi a few years ago, I confess some of it was way over my head, but I still managed to pick up information that was useful in our day to day operations.

Gizmom