Confused!

Help Support CattleToday:

BeefmasterB

Reaction score
How the world works lately...

If a man cuts his finger off while slicing salami at work, he blames the restaurant.

If you smoke three packs a day for 40 years and die of lung cancer, your family blames the tobacco company.

If your neighbor crashes into a tree whiles driving home drunk, he blames the bartender.

If your grandchildren are brats without manners, you blame television.

If your friend is shot by a deranged madman, you blame the gun manufacturer..

And if a crazed person breaks into the cockpit and tries to kill the pilot at 35,000 feet, and the passengers kill him instead, the mother of the crazed deceased blames the airline.

I must have lived too long to understand the world as it is anymore.

So, if I die while my old wrinkled fanny is parked in front of this computer,
I want all of you to blame Bill Gates.

I agree with every word you said, when did people stop being responsible for themselfs. We are turning into a welfare society , I am afraid the good days are coming to an end , i am very concerned with what the living standard will be when my kids retire in 30 years and I really fear for my grandchildren.

cowboy43":2ivwwpvh said:
We are turning into a welfare society...

We are already a welfare society, for the most part, and have been for the last 10 to 15 years - maybe longer. I can't honestly remember when all the craziness started - maybe around the time it was deemed that ordinary disciplining of your children was a valid reason for DFACS to investigate the way they were being raised. Perhaps it happend when we allowed others to deem children as "little adults" and declare that they had "rights" beyond the usual ones of being loved, cared for, provided for, protected, and not be abused. It could have been around the time the government decided we were too stupid to take care of ourselves, and so they started passing seat belt laws, requiring those absurd warning labels on every piece of equipment, lawn mower, coffee maker, etc., and the state courts ruled for people sueing McDonalds because their coffee was hot or they were injured during the commission of a felony. I'm not sure when it started, or how it started, but I'm sure as hell sick of the government being in my business!