concrete waterer

Help Support CattleToday:

simcross

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the price of a single tank concrete waterer that sits in a pond bank would be
Thanks

Just a single tank I don't know the sizes they come in but just want a single bowl waterer

Did one about 10 years ago - the last thing I ever did with NRCS cost-share.
Big concrete tank with AY McDonald float... 1" PVC trenched about 800 ft from a pond here at the house, down the hill to straddle a fenceline between two pastures. Think the whole deal was $1800.
But I could be misremembering... it's been a few...

True Grit Farms":g7tjt95u said:
http://giantrubberwatertanks.com/index.php

These look like the best deal going to me. I saw them at the NCBA trade show and there literally bullet proof.
I'm using combine tires for the same thing. You are in a area to get them aren't you?
Takes 1/4 yard of concrete and a 40 dollar float and some pvc pipe.
I'm even using some rear combine tires instead of the front ones in some pens. Takes even less concret.

True Grit Farms":2ko5og9b said:

These look like the best deal going to me. I saw them at the NCBA trade show and there literally bullet proof.
:lol: :lol: :lol: "Unfortunate circumstances that would destroy other troughs (freezing, fighting bulls, equipment intervention, "

Been there and done it... :hide:

Easiest way to find out is to contact a local company that makes them and check with them. I'm sure the prices vary from different parts of the country.

Yes Red bull breeder that is the kind.
Dun that is the next step finding a dealer close to NW Missouri

If your close enough E and M Precast at Gower makes the best ones I have installed, I have probably installed 300 of various kinds.
Phone # 816-424-3218 Ask for Andrew gs

plumber_greg":1rejk60h said:
If your close enough E and M Precast at Gower makes the best ones I have installed, I have probably installed 300 of various kinds.

Have you installed the Stewart model that Dun showed above? Several people have been using them around here. They have an ice preventer thermostat of sorts that is energy free and supposed to be great.

J&D Cattle":1uwaum7v said:
plumber_greg":1uwaum7v said:

Have you installed the Stewart model that Dun showed above? Several people have been using them around here. They have an ice preventer thermostat of sorts that is energy free and supposed to be great.
The ice preventer is new since we installed out tanks. I think there are 3 of them. Really like the tanks. Only issue we've had was a bull from sitting on the float and making the water drain down the overflow tube. I've talked to a couple of people and it seems to be a fairly common problem

greybeard":19gerte7 said:
True Grit Farms":19gerte7 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: "Unfortunate circumstances that would destroy other troughs (freezing, fighting bulls, equipment intervention, "

Been there and done it... :hide:

I'll never forget trying to dig a post hole close to a metal one over 30 years ago. The auger hit a rock or something and slid over against the trough, cutting a big gash in it. Two pieces of strap with holes drilled in them, two bolts, and a piece of inner tube and it was good as new (or at least wasn't leaking any more).

J&D No not that I am aware of.
The ones at Gower are built so an overflow tube isn't necessary most times.
I have a purebred breeder that has 9 or 10 of them, on rural water. They never let them go out the overflow.
If the temps are below -5 a couple of days, you got to kick the ice in the hole to break it.
If there are around 30 head drinking from it you really don't need to so that.
I have 2 myself, no overflow is even installed.
Best on the market IMHO. gs

Thanks for all the replys now I have some places to check out
Simcross

Latest posts