concrete cattle waterer in pond bank

Help Support CattleToday:

We have one set up about 40 feet from the bottom of the dam. We have a riser in the pond that has a pipe running under the dam that feeds the tank. The tank is a concrete buried in the ground freeze proof type

Red Bull Breeder":tfpc04f7 said:
The ones that are in the dam seem to be prone to cause the dam to leak.
That;s usually because the pipe feeding it doesn;t have an antiseep collar on it.

I've had one in the dam for 12 years and not leaked yet, it has a seep collar though. Has never froze yet, except for the time I forgot to turn the trickle valve on...

Red Bull Breeder":3op47i4g said:
That good Dun you have one that has not leaked in 12 years. Would you like me to show you a dozen that have been leaking for 12 years??
Could be heavier soils here or just proper installation

Dun it could be you got lucky and have one that don't leak. I have put a few in myself and they were done right. Some still leak. Never said they all leak. Just said they are prone to leak while the ones away from the dam don't seem to have that problem.

So u telling that a dam stops leaking if the same pipe is ran down hill even more. I agree with dun has more to do with dirt type and they they can still leak. Around here most dont leak but our clay is so tight that u cant drive water through it with a hammer

Latest posts