Concealed carry

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no qualms with funds being spent frugally and effectively. It's the Benny hinn types that really chap me

i just could never understand how a follower ,,, could not step back and say.. wait a minute, i smell a rat here i am driving a rambler meanwhile he's shting in high cotton

ALACOWMAN":3dtt1hbx said:
TexasBred":3dtt1hbx said:
hooknline":3dtt1hbx said:
Ahhhh, the business of religion. Always been a sticking point in my craw
Depends on where the money goes. We have over 1200 famlies in our church, 9 service per week, plus all the other things that have to be done....Total staff...3......2 priests and a secretary....priest makes $1,400 a month. All funds he receives for any service other than the worship services (weddings, funerals etc) he gives back to the church.
thats the thing right there... not out building a new home 3 families could live in,, or buying lincolns
:cowboy:
Drives a Ford Ranger PU...probably about a 2000 model. Probably has 200,000 miles on it.

TB most people don't realize what he goes thru or how hard he works either. A pastors job never ends if they are doing it right. In my opinion your priest is well underpaid.

Iso is right. You couldnt pay me enough to listen to everyone wine about every little problem they have in their marriage, kids etc. Then teach a sermon a times a week, worry about keeping everyone happy and yet still maintaining a balance of giving and teaching( fish or teach to fish) etc.
They are from a special mold.

Myself I don't mind a pastor of a big church making a hefty salary as he has allot of reponsibility. I do not believe in santification through poverty.......if the church can afford so be it.....I believe that every church is sovereign unto itself. In our church we vote on the pastor, deacons, treasurer etc. Pastors are not appointed or sent from a headquarters somewhere. Our pastor is 80 years old and has been voted in every year for 45 years. We are happy with his preaching, the way he handles things and the way he conducts himself. He was voted in when the church had less than 15 members and he was paid nothing.....he worked as a maintenance man in a carpet mill. The church has grown immensley over the years and his compensation reflects that. He is paid a respectable salary and funds are put into an account to cover his health insurance. He is not wearing an armani suit and driving a new Mercedes but he solidly middle class. What I really disagree with is ministers who use fear to get donations....you know the old lines that if you don't send him money something bad will happen to you etc. There is no scripture to support that. If a minister pulls for donations it is my first cue that his motives are not right.....................if the money is freely given without asking I have no problem with it. Our church is now about 250 people, and we are fortunate to have allot of high earners attending and the tithe money provides enough surplus that we fund missions in Africa, India and the Phillipines and we pay the utility bills for all of the widows in the church during the winter. Since we vote in or out the church leadership if it ever got to the point were money is the main motivation out they will go.

Soooo much wrong with a lot of that but not the place to argue about it. Heard too many "big church folks" say just hold back the money til you get what you want. Guess that's why there are 20 churchs in a town of 1000. :cry2:

TexasBred":ay9dom9b said:
Soooo much wrong with a lot of that but not the place to argue about it. Heard too many "big church folks" say just hold back the money til you get what you want. Guess that's why there are 20 churchs in a town of 1000. :cry2:

That's the mistake many make it is not the churches money but God's. If you don't give for the right reason might as well not give at all. I have enough to answer for when the truck pull's up in front of the pearly gates.

That money has to be spent for the right reasons too. New buildings etc.. Not hill country ranches . Lavish vacations etc. my grand mother is Pentecostal . Her preacher has a 1700 acre ranch in uvalde tx . 5 automobiles a boat 4 jet skis a lake house . And all he does is preach on wed. And Sunday . I works 6 days a week and can barely afford to join a deer lease . Gods works shouldn't cost .

JSCATTLE":q53643ht said:
That money has to be spent for the right reasons too. New buildings etc.. Not hill country ranches . Lavish vacations etc. my grand mother is Pentecostal . Her preacher has a 1700 acre ranch in uvalde tx . 5 automobiles a boat 4 jet skis a lake house . And all he does is preach on wed. And Sunday . I works 6 days a week and can barely afford to join a deer lease . Gods works shouldn't cost .

Space Cadet he will have to answer for that. There are many churches that are doing God's work.
There are churches working for the benifit of the church not God this is where you have to open your eyes.
If you have questions you have an instuction manual that was written with divine guidance.
Don't just listen to what a man from the pulpit tells you verify with the Book.
God's work does cost just not in the way you are seeing. Harder for a rich man to enter heaven than a camel to go through the eye of a needle.

I just feel bad for my grand mother . We even had her come to our church but she is in her late 70's and had been attending the same church the whole time . Just seems fishy to me . Our preacher lives in a modest house and lives like the rest of us . We all give . But I think my grandmas preacher is reaching the level of the tv preachers . First words out of his mouth are about the offering . They even bring their check books and tax returns to ask him if they can afford a new car .

TV costs a lot of money. In today's high tech age I don't know a better way to carry out the Great Commission.
Some, well at least one or two I know of, of the megachurch TV ministers put more money into the church than thay take out.

Hoss made a good post about the good some of these churches do.
Sure some are money grubbers. But I would be careful about painting them all with the same brush.

Ryder":36b62v58 said:
TV costs a lot of money. In today's high tech age I don't know a better way to carry out the Great Commission.
Some, well at least one or two I know of, of the megachurch TV ministers put more money into the church than thay take out.

Sure some are money grubbers. But I would be careful about painting them all with the same brush.

This is one of the time's I am trying to get into the non-smoking section.

Caustic Burno":1kcro15w said:
Ryder":1kcro15w said:

This is one of the time's I am trying to get into the non-smoking section.
I hear what you are saying. :nod:

JSCATTLE":3n8v5tkt said:

Ah, the church of Laodicea, I wouldn't worry about them JSCATTLE, the Lord spoke of them centuries ago, he knows all bout them. Worry about your church instead, building it on Biblical principles. As lay leaders we have far more responsibility for the church than sometimes we realize. As for your grand mother the Lord knows her heart.

Caustic is right about the " instruction manual", we need to study it always and apply it to our lives and our churches.

John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Does it make sense that if one believes in Christ that they would follow him as well. I know so many people that are not involved in the church because it's filled with hypocrits ( you know the people that got married in a church, will walk their daughter down the isle of a church when she gets married then call the people that go to church every week "hypocrits"), they don't help or serve the poor, because they don't desrve it, they don't give money to the church because they just waste it . They think just because they say they "believe" they're ok, well the Lord had something to say about that and here it is Matthew Chapter 7 21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.

Larry

Caustic Burno":xemots5z said:
VanC":xemots5z said:
Here's a story that was on AOL news when I signed on tonight:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/1 ... d%3D135239

Since I live in the only state in the union that doesn't have some form of concealed carry, I don't know much about the laws. If this happened in your state, could they take this guy's permit away even if he's not charged with a crime?

In Texas he could be charged being it was accidental I doubt it.

This is the bad thing about carrying the wrong ammo in your pistol.
I don't care for a 9 just for this reason, I carry a 380 ACP with Glasser Safety slugs. It is not going through wall's or your target.
Once again you are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks!

larryshoat":29f7d0vz said:
JSCATTLE":29f7d0vz said:

Ah, the church of Laodicea, I wouldn't worry about them JSCATTLE, the Lord spoke of them centuries ago, he knows all bout them. Worry about your church instead, building it on Biblical principles. As lay leaders we have far more responsibility for the church than sometimes we realize. As for your grand mother the Lord knows her heart.

Caustic is right about the " instruction manual", we need to study it always and apply it to our lives and our churches.

John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Does it make sense that if one believes in Christ that they would follow him as well. I know so many people that are not involved in the church because it's filled with hypocrits ( you know the people that got married in a church, will walk their daughter down the isle of a church when she gets married then call the people that go to church every week "hypocrits"), they don't help or serve the poor, because they don't desrve it, they don't give money to the church because they just waste it . They think just because they say they "believe" they're ok, well the Lord had something to say about that and here it is Matthew Chapter 7 21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.

Larry
Larry, I find it amusing when people say they don't go to church because there are hypocrites there. I just tell em they had better quit going to Wal-Mart, work, the gas station, or anywhere else. There are hypocrites at all of those places too.

A lot don't go Isom because it's not about me me me. We have become an instant gratification society.
You don't get to play hooky and do what you want tilll the last minute and say oop's let me in.
I figure old St Pete and I are going have to have to long of talk already. The excuse doesn't work Isom made me do it.
Church house doesn't make you a Christian. But not gathering with other Christians to study and do his work is in the manual again, It doesn't work again in skipping over the parts we don't like.

Caustic Burno":pdapu0p2 said:
A lot don't go Isom because it's not about me me me. We have become an instant gratification society.
You don't get to play hooky and do what you want tilll the last minute and say oop's let me in.
I figure old St Pete and I are going have to have to long of talk already. The excuse doesn't work Isom made me do it.
Church house doesn't make you a Christian. But not gathering with other Christians to study and do his work is in the manual again, It doesn't work again in skipping over the parts we don't like.

I would have to agree with you on that point Caustic. Like skipping over 1 Cor 1:10-13 ;-) And that's not the only scripture some religious clubs would like not to talk about. Divisiveness among Christians is about at the same level as that in politics...extremely high. But it is what it is and the only people that can fix it is the preachers and, unfortunately, there's too much money at stake for them to even try (although some do). Heck, I've even heard a couple of them say that if believers didn't believe as "they"' do then they will be banished to he!!. It would be nice if folks would read that 'manual' themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts