Computer's been fried...

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid

Reaction score
Ya'll won't see me on here quite as much until it gets fixed. Had some bad t-storms roll through on Monday night and I haven't been able to get online at home since. I'm at the local library right now -- suffering from withdrawal; you get addicted to this site pretty easily. :lol:

Hi Milkmaid, Sorry to hear about your computer. I, so far have managed to delete my printer. I need that desperately, due to my memory not as good as it used to be, and I cannot write as well as I used to. Hope you get it fixed, soon, You give good advice, we are missing you already, Merry

whenever a lightning storm gets close, UNPLUG yer modem from the wall socket fer the phone line....best defense. i used to teach computer sciences at a tech college, and they have all kinds of stuff like surge suppressors, but hells bells, that 30 million volts just went three miles with no conductor to carry it....guess 1/32 of an inch at a set of thermal contacts isn't going to bother it much..... get a V.90-92 itu modem for 30-40 bucks and keep a spare if you can.

I can relate--don't have a computer,so am at library..Don't have airconditioning,so will probbly be here this week also..got too hot yesterday,and was under 2 fans in the house with all windows and doors open!! Every year it supprises me how HOT it is in Texas in the summer..Don't know how both Gmas lived here in corsets,cooking over a wood stove.....OOH,I'v gotten soft!!

Latest posts