Computer Health tips

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
As we know computers seem to slow from time to time and sometimes just want run because of various reasons that include surfing on the web. Restore don't seem to work as advertised.

Well a buddy told me to set up a surf user identity to use when surfing the web. When it gets corrupted just abandon it and create another. Never surf with your administer user ID.

I had problems that took time to straighten out and then took his advice. My new user account runs better than my existing administrator account.

My daughterss computer was locked up from crap under her user name which wasn't an administrator. I couldn't do much cleaning with it. I log on as me which was the admin and am beginning to make head way.

I'm sorry to say I don't have any idea what you're talking about :frowns: Please don't even try to make me understand :shock: :???: I did get a call yesterday saying the Health Care I use has been hacked and my health info /SS#/other stuff is out there blowing in the wind :mad: However,I can just see sombody trying to buy an RV with MY credit :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Guess being broke has some advantages :frowns:

peg4x4":7hg9nvs5 said:
I'm sorry to say I don't have any idea what you're talking about :frowns: Please don't even try to make me understand :shock: :???: I did get a call yesterday saying the Health Care I use has been hacked and my health info /SS#/other stuff is out there blowing in the wind :mad: However,I can just see sombody trying to buy an RV with MY credit :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Guess being broke has some advantages :frowns:

I hate all that for you.

Wewild":2hyhycxf said:
As we know computers seem to slow from time to time and sometimes just want run because of various reasons that include surfing on the web. Restore don't seem to work as advertised.

Well a buddy told me to set up a surf user identity to use when surfing the web. When it gets corrupted just abandon it and create another. Never surf with your administer user ID.

I had problems that took time to straighten out and then took his advice. My new user account runs better than my existing administrator account.

My daughterss computer was locked up from crap under her user name which wasn't an administrator. I couldn't do much cleaning with it. I log on as me which was the admin and am beginning to make head way.

:???: Wouldn't it be easier to just use your disk clean up tool, delete cookies(depending on what your operating system is, this may be included in the disk clean up tool), and defrag once in a while?

msscamp":33fygchs said:
:???: Wouldn't it be easier to just use your disk clean up tool, delete cookies(depending on what your operating system is, this may be included in the disk clean up tool), and defrag once in a while?

You still have to do basic maintenance you suggest. Sometimes it still isn't enough.

What I described that he recommended is really easy once one try's it.

Wewild":3t1makb8 said:

Huh ???????? Lost me there WW..

Easy ... :? so how do you do it ?????????

Peg , my cousin always says that she wishes someone would steal her identity ,,then her credit rating would be better than now.. :lol2:

My accountant always refers to me as the poorest person on paper because as an individual I don't exist financially at all. :help:

hillsdown":akjwke47 said:
Easy ... :? so how do you do it ?????????

Go to
control panel
users
add user with "standard" access not "admin"

Latest posts