compressed feed tub???

Help Support CattleToday:

Hillary_Indiana

Reaction score
There's a boarding place around here where we went to get hay today. The guy said something about some Mormon's make this feed tub that they feed all their horses and then you don't have to give them their protein or grain. It's 300 lbs and its in a green plastic tub. They lick it to get all they want, but there's some kind of enzyme that prevents them from overeating. It's $60.00 and he said it would last 4 horses a month and a half. I have never heard of anything like this before and wandered if anyone had any experience with these things? He said it's like feed only steamed and compressed.

There are actually several companies that make these types of tubs - Sweetlix being the only one I can think of at the moment. :roll: I don't buy the not over-eating part, however, as I know of several people who put the tubs out for their horses and foundered them. I'm sure you already know this, but I believe it is worth mentioning, anyway - be careful that the tubs don't contain rumensin or monensin, as they are toxic to horses.

Latest posts