Composite bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
I recently got a postcard type ad in the mail from Leachman Cattle Co. advertising there bulls in there private treaty sale, it featured Black Angus, Red Angus,& Stabilizers. For one of the Black Stabilizers it said that it was an 8-breed composite. What breeds made this composite bull?

I don;t think that there is a set breed combination that makes a stabilizer, it's just percentage of continental and british. One of there stabilizers from years ago had Jersey in it. Alwasy made me a bit curious

dun

CopeMan":3h8cc15v said:
I recently got a postcard type ad in the mail from Leachman Cattle Co. advertising there bulls in there private treaty sale, it featured Black Angus, Red Angus,& Stabilizers. For one of the Black Stabilizers it said that it was an 8-breed composite. What breeds made this composite bull?

CopeMan":2q8u3zac said:
if you are looking for a "stabilizer" just go with a fullblood or purebred Normande, Tarentaise or Braunvieh they are considered good stabilize or balance breeds having good quality and yield grade levels as well as muscle and milk production

A friend of mine had a small set of Normande cows that he bought several years ago. They were excellent milkers and moderate framed beefy type cows. They were somewhat silly and a little hairy . Is this typical delaGarza? On the whole they were very nice cows and should be used more if they were all like this.

ollie":1mxyay0e said:
A friend of mine had a small set of Normande cows that he bought several years ago. They were excellent milkers and moderate framed beefy type cows. They were somewhat silly and a little hairy . Is this typical delaGarza? On the whole they were very nice cows and should be used more if they were all like this.

some what silly? mines are just very calm, the hair depends on the blood lines, like in any other breed.
For many cattleman that is married with blackhided cattle coloring of the Normande breed will be a minus, in F1's and purebreds you could have spots in them but you could have tigerstripes as well, that will be more common to have in F1's depending the breed that it was crossed too.

Latest posts