composite bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
i was looking at a list of composite bulls i noticed the majority of those bullls had the same comformation those bulls lacked athletecism a few bulls yahtzee and sea biscuit black powder an a few others look like bulls that you can put out to pasture and get cows bred while others looked like they would have to be hand mated or AI some of those bulls had some impressive epds but would those bulls survive on open range and ang get the cows they are turned with bred. correct me if i am wrong

ranching hands":2cmmpl6j said:
i was looking at a list of composite bulls i noticed the majority of those bullls had the same comformation those bulls lacked athletecism a few bulls yahtzee and sea biscuit black powder an a few others look like bulls that you can put out to pasture and get cows bred while others looked like they would have to be hand mated or AI some of those bulls had some impressive epds but would those bulls survive on open range and ang get the cows they are turned with bred. correct me if i am wrong

What? It's difficult trying to put your throughts in order. Please use periods. Capitals at the beginning of sentences would be good, too.

There are bulls within ALL the major breeds that I find lacking in one way or another. It is only logical that some composite bulls ALSO have inherited flaws. Bulls falling apart in a pasture environment generally has more to do with how they were raised and then subsequently treated in their new home than it does with genetics....though genetics always has some role.

ranching hands":2syvx7kb said:

Most likely you are wrong (which is the only question I could decipher for sure), and should be corrected, but your post confuses me so much that I'm not sure.

I looked a Bovine Elites site and saw sea biaquit and black powder. Since they are club calf sires, the ability of their offspring to get the job done in the pasture is a moot point. Being AI sires, they're ability to get the job done on pasture is also a moot point.

Yaahtze at least has his breed composition listed. Looks more like a mongrel then a composit

ranching hands":d0fbr4nh said:
"i was looking at a list of composite bulls i noticed the majority of those bullls had the same comformation those bulls lacked athletecism - -"

Your sentence construction is almost impossible to decipher. But I am wondering how you can determine "athleticism" by looking at a picture!

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts