complementary grazing

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I've read that you can put goats in with cattle and they will clean some areas of the pasture that cattle won't touch, namely fence line stuff like burdek (sp). Can anyone confirm this and what sort of problem should I expect. Can I do the same with hogs provided I give them a low enough shelter that would keep cattle from entering?
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":3q474dzi said:
: I've read that you can put goats in with cattle and they will clean some areas of the pasture that cattle won't touch, namely fence line stuff like burdek (sp). Can anyone confirm this and what sort of problem should I expect. Can I do the same with hogs provided I give them a low enough shelter that would keep cattle from entering?<p>You might take a look at the information on multi-species grazing at ATTRA (http://www.attra.org). At a recent SSAWG conference session, they talked about the advantages and disadvantages. The best percentage of extra production seemed to be from sheep as I remembe it, but look at the info for yourself - it's really good.<p>Alison<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Goats will most certainly compliment your pasture ive been doing it for years also helps keep flys down to.My goats will stand knee deep in the prettist pasture ever and eat a wild rosebush by choice.As far as hogs go dont put them on good pasture their rooten will ruin it,however in rough groud your trying to clear and get in shape to pasture they are masters at removeing and destroying small brush.<p>
<br>

Latest posts