Community

Help Support CattleToday:

Amazing what some of the small towns/communities around this area can do for someone that has experienced a family disaster. Not unusual at all for them to plan a big fundraiser and sell BBQ or chicken dinners with cold beer and a big auction afterward of donated merchandise. Not unusual at all to raise 80-100k with zero expenses and it all goes to the family.

I live in a big area with very few people, our community would consist of about 8 families. But we are all close and help each other all the time. Today a neighbour came and gave a hand pulling some bulls, tomorrow myself and another neighbour will help him to do the same. On and on it goes. I don't believe that any of us here could ranch without some help from the neighbours.

I live in a big area with very few people, our community would consist of about 8 families. But we are all close and help each other all the time. Today a neighbour came and gave a hand pulling some bulls, tomorrow myself and another neighbour will help him to do the same. On and on it goes. I don't believe that any of us here could ranch without some help from the neighbours.
A big area with few people describes this area. There is 14 ranches well spread out around town. Well what was a town 100 years ago. There is about 12 houses in the extended area I would call town. I know the people who live in 5 of those houses. From down at town (the freeway on ramp) it is about 25 miles to Baker and 50 miles to Ontario. Very few scattered places between here and either of those towns.

Latest posts