Commercial x Charolais

Help Support CattleToday:

EASY PAM! Turn around and shake the ole mans chair, tell him I said hey!

To answer the original question, Char crossed cattle work well.

never owned a char bull, but help work a couple of herds that do... they rarely pull a calf and raise some mighty fine calves off their commerical cows and the char bulls.

another even larger herd that i do not help work, only palpate for him, does not have calving problems either with his char bulls.

like someone said, a yellow char cross calf brings big $$ at the sale barns.

most of the bw problems with char has been bred out of em.. but like any other breed, they will have some. check your epds before buying a bull.

jt

Texan - sorry. I missed where you were referring back to the original question.

Yes you are most certainly entitled to your opinion. I apologize for the missunderstanding there too. I had asked Caustic specifically for his opinion. Your response after that came across a little "heated" to me. Which made me feel bad that I brought that on.

I took Crowders response and Caustics non-response as their way of telling me not to sweat it. Seeings as how they know I felt bad for possibly causing them trouble.

Anyway, I got the advice I wanted. I apologize for any misunderstandings. Can we shake hands?

We run hereford bulls on brahman cows here in South Texas. The majority of these tigerstrpie females go to herds that use Charolias bulls which is real popular in this area. It makes a good terminal cross.

If you're cows already have little or no continental influence a Charolias bull is a good choice for putting weight on the cavles.

Latest posts