Commercial heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Granddaughter picked this one up today for the fair. She is just now 6 months.
Two categories more than 50% Brahman less than 50% Brahman. She 50% Angus 25% Hereford 25% Brahman.

Heifers have to be between 9 months and 2 years at fair, halter broke .
All heifers have to go to the auction at the fair. Most are donated by cattlemen to the kids and bought back.

The calf and granddaughters journey begins. At the Ag Barn now, I have been through this before this will cost me.
Being this is baby granddaughter, granny will be going all out.
Granddaughters one and two were into showing as well. Granddaughter one is into momma of three now , Two is working on law degree at Tech. Three and Four are juniors at Southwest Texas. Girls are expensive.

Caustic Burno said:
The calf and granddaughters journey begins. At the Ag Barn now, I have been through this before this will cost me.
Granddaughters one and two were into showing as well. Granddaughter one is into momma of three now , Two is working on law degree at Tech. Three and Four are juniors at Southwest Texas. Girls are expensive.

Did you start having kids when you were 12??

sstterry said:
Caustic Burno said:

Did you start having kids when you were 12??

No sir not hardly my oldest granddaughter is 26.
My parents would have been 106 this year.

She is my Hickspanic granddaughter, day one getting aquatinted.
Her momma is Mexican so I taught her young she was half hick and half spanic. Taught her to spell it as well, her momma still gets upset when she tells her teachers she is hickspanic.
She has my sense of humor and sarcasm. Irritates her mom saying she is a red neck girl.
She had paw paw wrapped. The girl is my partner in crime.

Deer hunting south Texas

:clap: at least yours live close enough to get in trouble with ya .sounds like she on her way in a good direction.

Good stuff CB. I can vouch for the price of girls. I have 3 and my oldest is 9 :bang:

Best of luck to you and all of them!

Congrats, it is nice to know that there is someone coming after that will keep a little part of you alive and carrying on. Nice kid.... and nice deer. Hope she does well with the heifer.

Latest posts