Commercial Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

brahma_show_girl

Reaction score
I have to write and preform a speech. I wanted to ask some expert cattle people a question. What are some major Commercial Cattle that are a big influence on U.S. Beef Industry that are Brahman derived?
Thanks

Santa Gertrudis

A recognized breed which originated on the King Ranch. They are thought to be 3/8 Brahama and 5/8 Shorthorn.

Beefmaster

Also a recognized breed consisting of 1/2 Brahma 1/4 Shorthorn, and 1/4 Hereford.

brahma_show_girl":15ye3pmz said:
I have to write and preform a speech. I wanted to ask some expert cattle people a question. What are some major Commercial Cattle that are a big influence on U.S. Beef Industry that are Brahman derived?
Thanks
A few year's ago>>>>> MY AREA<<<<< it started out as purebred brahman bull's on british cow's. then gert bull's became popular.. nowday's if there is brahaman influence in the herd it's generally from beefmaster or brangus. but those cow's are now running with char or angus bulls

I would be sure to mention a few things. First you need a thesis statement. For example: The Brahman breed has greatly influenced the commercial cattle industry by ...

In the speech, mention a few of the breeds the have derived from Brahman blood and what their said advantages are. Give a little history about a few, but do not make any of this the bulk of your speech b/c it is only a small factor in supporting your thesis statement.

Breed registry numbers may also provide hard facts to support your thesis. I do not know how accurate these number truly are but here is a link that can assist you.

http://www.cattletoday.com/associations.shtml

You may want to do a little research on ABC, the American Breeds Coalition. Here is a link:

http://americanbreedscoalition.com/home2.html

Another avenue you may wish to incorporate is the breeding up programs many of these breeds utilize. For example: Star5 for Santa Gertrudis, E6 for Beefmaster, and Angus+(plus) is another one.

Finally, make sure that your conclusion highlights the important things in your speech and restates your thesis statement.

Ones that I would say have a major impact are Brangus, Santa Gertrudis, Beefmaster, and maybe Braford.

Some others are Red Brangus, Charbray, Gelbray, Brahmousin, and Simbrah.

Latest posts