Commercial Angus Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here's a commercial Angus heifer for you to critique. She's got a little something else in her, possibly Limo, but it is a long ways back. Her grand dam was a horned black cow, her mama is Angus sired and she is also Angus sired. Don't ask any questions on breeding, I only know about her mama's sire.

She is fairly small framed, and that almost got her culled, but I like the way she looks, so we are going to give her a chance. Also, not the greatest performance, acceptable, but not great. So, we will see. She is bred back to Red Angus.

BW 70
Adj WW 520
Adj YW 631
Current weight 924
xy_0004.jpg

How old is she weighing 924? I like her. She's nice and fat, I assume on just grass based on other posts about your operation. She has a lot of length. Hopefully her babies will out-perform her and she'll earn her keep.

MO_cows":11escull said:
How old is she weighing 924? I like her. She's nice and fat, I assume on just grass based on other posts about your operation. She has a lot of length. Hopefully her babies will out-perform her and she'll earn her keep.

About 17 - 18 months. She gained pretty good over the summer, they all did.

She would have seen about 5 lbs of barley/day over the winter, which was a really cold one, even for up here. Just enough to keep them gaining about 1-1.5 lbs/day. The rest is just grass and mama's milk.

She is out of a pretty good cow family, so I have hopes for her.

Latest posts