Coming your way

Help Support CattleToday:

Been there done it.......got the T Shirt.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Great part of having Lyme is it is the gift that keeps on giving. Just went thru my yearly reoccurrence and am not over it yet.

Makes my knees feel like they are full of gravel for about a month every spring.

that is what the doctor thought I had and I kept testing negative....finally figured out it was the rheumatoid arthritis...

pdfangus":2q956k9i said:
that is what the doctor thought I had and I kept testing negative....finally figured out it was the rheumatoid arthritis...

Doesn't mean you didn't have it. Lyme throws a lot of false negatives. Did you ever have the bullseye.

I've gone through the Doxy for Lyme 3 times.

The first time I had the 'classic' bullseye in 4 locations.....all at one time.

The next 2 times there was no bullseye, no rash, just a very red, funky tick bite.

Lyme is nothing to fool with.

Katherine

bullseye.....?

over half the tick bites I have had in my life were in places I couldn't see....could not tell you what they looked like later....

I ususally find them pretty quick....

being diabetic I sometimes don't heal rapidly ...

chiggers give me a fit....I have lots of red scars on my legs from chiggers from last year....

I mostly worry bout being snake bit....darn neared stepped on a good sized copperhead last weekend....to make matters worse I missed him with the 38....then he was gone.....

3waycross":ftgqla3q said:
pdfangus":ftgqla3q said:

Doesn't mean you didn't have it. Lyme throws a lot of false negatives. Did you ever have the bullseye.

3Way is absolutely right. The test that most doctors use is not very good. Only one that test accurately is the DNA test but it is more expensive and most insurance companies won't pay for it (and that's another story). Son and DIL both have Lyme. DIL went undiagnosed and misdiagnosed for about 12 years so remission for her is almost out of the question. Lot of bad information on Lyme coming from CDC as well as the board of doctors who advise the insurance companies what they should and should not pay for as well as the AMA. Some doctors who use unorthodox treatment methods (and are successful) lose their license because of this "board" of doctors who are very corrupt.

For years the CDC reported the only place you could get the decease was in the northeast U.S. (Lyme, Connecticut) which we now know is wrong.

Wouldn't wish this plague on my worst enemy.

pdfangus said:
bullseye.....?

Jim the bullseye is the initial reaction to the infection. You develop a large target shaped pattern on you at the site. Mine covered most of my ribcage on the right side. It was close to 8in in diameter.

After seeing that my Doctor didn't even bother to test me he just started me on the antibiotics. 21days of Doxy and 21 days of Amoxicillin consecutively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease

After the fire ants showed up in our area, the ticks are not very prolific. Never see any hanging on the cows. Also do not see grubs in the cows any more. If the ants would get at the hornflies in the manure then life would be pretty good.

Haven't seen grubs here in years either, but some months the ticks are bad. Thank God the dang seed ticks are gone tho.

Wife is convinced she has lyme disesase, but diagnosed as fibromyalgia. (a 'disease of exclusion').

That's what they call it when the docs don't really know what is wrong.
Her problems began in 2003 or 2004 not long after she found a tick in her scalp.
Yep, so many false positives and false negatives with lyme it's hard to really know. They need a much better test for it that is conclusive and affordable.

3waycross":1c9kqzkw said:
pdfangus":1c9kqzkw said:
bullseye.....?

Jim the bullseye is the initial reaction to the infection. You develop a large target shaped pattern on you at the site. Mine covered most of my ribcage on the right side. It was close to 8in in diameter.

After seeing that my Doctor didn't even bother to test me he just started me on the antibiotics. 21days of Doxy and 21 days of Amoxicillin consecutively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease

thank god I have not had anything like that.....

greybeard":ueujo37y said:
Haven't seen grubs here in years either, but some months the ticks are bad. Thank God the dang seed ticks are gone tho.

Wife is convinced she has lyme disesase, but diagnosed as fibromyalgia. (a 'disease of exclusion').

That's what they call it when the docs don't really know what is wrong.
Her problems began in 2003 or 2004 not long after she found a tick in her scalp.
Yep, so many false positives and false negatives with lyme it's hard to really know. They need a much better test for it that is conclusive and affordable.

They always tell women (when they can't figure out what's wrong) that it's fibromyalgia. (That's if they're lucky. If they're unlucky, they're told it's in their head).

My mother was told she had fibro for several decades. Come to find out, the more likely scenario is that she'd had a minor stroke in her late 30's that went undiagnosed.

When my daughter was in her teens she went through a spell with low grade fever and problems. Checked for everything under the sun. Finally one doctor did a blood test that showed at some time she had contacted rocky mountain spotted fever. I thought this was isolated to the rocky mountains. She is 47 now an her health is still a problem for her.

Two years ago my friend Bruce contracted Spotted Fever and West Nile within days of each other. He was 21 days in the hospital and darned near died. Went from 220lbs of solid muscle to 170lbs of nothing in a months time