Come on DON

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
:banana:

map_tropprjpath04_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

Jim62":1wjy7q7t said:
Reckon it would maybe help to organize a Don fan club or at least a cheering section?

Looking good so far!

I called the mayor and tried to get him to stretch one of those banners across the main drag in town that says WELCOME DON. Apparently all 20 of the guys that work for the city will be working on a pothole tomorrow so they won't be able to get to it. :dunce:

It could turn a little east couldn't it? We are sick of these 100 degree days (over 40 here) and nearly 70 days since we have seen any rain here.

I hope it sets in and stalls on Texas and ya'll get five inches in as many days. Just a steady drizzle. I do hope it does hook off to the east cause I really don't need any rain till I get the hay up.

Hope ya'll get the rain in Tx. It has been raining in lower La. for the last 3 weeks every single day. GOOD LUCK

Just checked on it this morning and it looks like it has turned a little more West. Not a good direction for me but maybe the folks a little further South and West will get some rain. I am on the "dirty" side but I'm thinking I'll be too far away.

It does look like it will mess up our plans for bird hunting and fishing at Port Mansfield.

Looks like he's going to go a little too far south to do much good around here.

Oh well..........maybe next time.......

OK...it's Friday afternoon.........WHERE IS MY RAIN I'VE BEEN TOLD IS COMMING........ :lol:

HurTrack1.gif

Still waiting.....

Jalopy":1mxkav46 said:
Apparently all 20 of the guys that work for the city will be working on a pothole tomorrow so they won't be able to get to it. ]

Must be a Texas size pothole ;-) ;-)
J...they probably making one instead of fixing one.... :nod:

Looks like some wouldn't welcome Don with open arms.

Cotton farmers across South Texas are hoping Don goes elsewhere because two weeks remain in their harvest.

"As far as the farmers are concerned we don't want any rain now," said Carlos Fernandez, an associate professor at Texas AgriLife Research in Corpus Christi. While ranchers with barren pastures would welcome rain, sorghum is already harvested so it wouldn't benefit and cotton is being harvested now, he said.

Rod Santa Ana, the Texas AgriLife spokesman in the Rio Grande Valley, said rain and strong winds now could knock cotton bolls to the ground rendering them useless or splash them with dirt driving down their value.

"This rain, should we get it, will of course be a blessing overall because we can't farm down here without rain," Santa Ana said. "But this is the worst time for rains to come right now for cotton harvesters."

Latest posts