Come Bail me out

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Oldest grand daughter has a free ride to TAMU and the head of Vet medicine sponsoring her for vet school.
Found out she is talking about getting married and being a stay at home mom.
I am fixin to band a boy. :bang:

Caustic- I'll front you some cash just in case. I'll expect double back. Maybe she can be a stay at home vet mom. She can stay at home and work on animals at Grandpappy's place. Run her own show and hire some good help when she is ready to settle down and have kids. What does the husband do for a living, or is he just a control freak? Takes 2 incomes to get by now days.

Don't know how you can convince her....the world has changed A LOT in the last 30 years or so; there's nothing wrong with motherhood, but a woman should ALWAYS have a way to make a living and an independent income and savings. Getting a degree in vet med will serve her well, as you know, whether it is large animal or small, but it will take some serious talking to get that thought across. Will be hoping for her sake that she listens!!!

expensive hobby":10jpfl7g said:
Caustic- I'll front you some cash just in case. I'll expect double back. Maybe she can be a stay at home vet mom. She can stay at home and work on animals at Grandpappy's place. Run her own show and hire some good help when she is ready to settle down and have kids. What does the husband do for a living, or is he just a control freak? Takes 2 incomes to get by now days.

His dad owns an electical contract company.
I have all ready made up my mind I don't like this boy.
I told the grand daughter I was going to use a fence staple, and staple his nut sack to a pine stump and pour gasoline around it. I told her I would give him a butter knife right before I lite it off.

If the boy really loves her, he will support her going to school and wait a while to get wed.
If he is pushing her to get married, well :( He is only thinking of himself.

Good luck. I hope that she sees the big picture.

Caustic Burno":3ex7c0f1 said:
expensive hobby":3ex7c0f1 said:

His dad owns an electical contract company.
I have all ready made up my mind I don't like this boy.
I told the grand daughter I was going to use a fence staple, and staple his nut sack to a pine stump and pour gasoline around it. I told her I would give him a butter knife right before I lite it off.

He would probably try to use the butter knife to try and pull up the fence staple, instead of taking the other route. Make it a hickory or locust stump and you got yourself a plan. He needs to let her get her education and he can be a good for nothing stay at home father. Then when she gets smart she can throw him out on his head and still have a good profession to fall back on. Better yet, just follow through with your original plan. Just don't tell the law that I encouraged you.

She's grown all I can really do is fuss and cuss .
Can't believe she is throwing all that scholarship money away.
I have talked till I am blue in the face get your education and all the reasons she should.

Caustic Burno":2oja6qh8 said:
I have talked till I am blue in the face get your education and all the reasons she should.

Well Caustic- you will never be able to change her mind. You seem to have done all you can do. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope everything works out for the best.

Caustic Burno":2vo7vcne said:

:( :frowns: :( :frowns:

Wow. What an opportunity!! If she chooses to not take this opportunity for education, at some point in the future, I think she will regret not having taken the opportunity.

That breaks my heart.

Can't she get married and still go to school?

Katherine

Just start telling her how much you like him and how good a guy he is and how it would be really good for her to do what she is talking about. That should get her to put him in the road.
If there was anything to him he would want a wife with a income like that and no loans to repay so that by itself should guage his character.

At 18 and 20 they know more than a bunch of old people on cattle boards that have been around the block a number of times.
They have the world all figured out and they are in "loooove". :heart:
If you don't believe it just ask them. :nod:

CB 18-20 years Thats when they usually think they are the smartest. I've been there with my children but I think there deaf and ready to show me their dumb as well.
Good luck, I know it hurts.

Is this what she wants to do or is it his idea? Maybe the most important question is what does grandmaw think about it? I know this is no comfort but you are going to need someone to be ready cash in all those paper cows you have saved for all your life. Like a preacher I heard about, maybe you should just cut him and keep him.
Seriously, I hope she takes advantage of this golden opportunity, married or not.

Gale Seddon":eg0zfteq said:
Don't know how you can convince her....the world has changed A LOT in the last 30 years or so; there's nothing wrong with motherhood, but a woman should ALWAYS have a way to make a living and an independent income and savings. Getting a degree in vet med will serve her well, as you know, whether it is large animal or small, but it will take some serious talking to get that thought across. Will be hoping for her sake that she listens!!!
Hopefully that boy loves her enough to not want to limit her and will support her in her education!!!!! Good luck.

Unfortunately you can't put an old head on young shoulders, Lord knows I tried with my Son, he waisted all his time, now he regrets it but at their age they are not to old, to pick up and start again. Good Luck hope she comes to her senses before she commits.

CKC1586":smog7c3w said:
Gale Seddon":smog7c3w said:
Hopefully that boy loves her enough to not want to limit her and will support her in her education!!!!! Good luck.

I totally agree we raised our daughter to be independent. When she came to me in college and said she was engaged, wanted to know if I continue to pay if she got married. Told her I had no problem forking over the money as long as she was a full time student. That girl got that degree .

Well, here's the input of a current vet school student. If she doesn't want to be a veterinarian, she shouldn't go to veterinary school. You have to have the drive, determination, want and almost psychotic obsession with wanting to be a veterinarian to survive veterinary school. Plus the job market for veterinarians is shrinking, more vets who would be retiring in the near future aren't, so there's fewer jobs available for us current students. I'm not advocating that she get married and settle down, I completely agree that she needs to find her own way to support her self, even if it's only for a couple years.

Latest posts