Colt Mustang vs Ruger LCP

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Which seems to have the most recoil? Had a mustang years ago and it was harder to hold onto then a compact 40. Wondering if the locked breech on the LCP mitigates some of that

Dun, I had a LCP and it was a POS. The recoil wasn't bad but the gun was not well made and had a lot of problems. I now have the Sig P238. It is all that and a bag of chips. :nod:

Isomade":20b9tx7g said:
Dun, I had a LCP and it was a POS. The recoil wasn't bad but the gun was not well made and had a lot of problems. I now have the Sig P238. It is all that and a bag of chips. :nod:
I almost got a PPK/S today but was a litle too slow to make up my mind

My wife wants a LCP, she held the neighbor's and likes the concealability. We're going to borrow his one weekend and let her run some ammo thru it before she gets one. I like the looks of the S&W Bodyguard 380 a lot better than the LCP, but it's slightly larger.

I know absolutely nothing about centerfire semi-auto's, any other opinions out there of those two for her purpose? She carries a 642 now and really likes it, but they're a good bit bigger than those two 380's.

dun":3ph11to3 said:
Which seems to have the most recoil? Had a mustang years ago and it was harder to hold onto then a compact 40. Wondering if the locked breech on the LCP mitigates some of that

Shot an LCP you better get him the first shot, kinda like carrying a big bore derringer, recoil is not mild.
Look at a Rock Island Commander 3.5" barrel in 9mm shot one and it was smooth as silk.