Colonial Pipeline shutdown. Whadayathink?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

greybeard

Reaction score
Sounds worse I think than it actually is, since the Plantation wasn't affected but it is a harbinger of what can happen in the future. Plantation don't go all the way to NYC but it can be trucked the rest of the way.
Damn Ruskies..

I think all that excess oil supply we had was too good to be true.

Colonial supplies Henry Hub in New York from the Gulf Coast refineries.
Plantation starts in La. to the Atlanta area from the Louisiana basin refineries.
Not enough shipping available if Colonial stays down long, will have throttle back to idle Galveston Bay refineries depending on duration.I think it's back up already.
That pipeline transport over 2 million barrels a day to the east coast.

The Plantation Pipe Line Company, headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, delivers refined petroleum products to communities and businesses throughout the South and parts of the Eastern United States. The company is owned by a partnership between Exxon and the pipeline operator Kinder Morgan. Plantation consists of 3,100 miles of pipeline, originating at Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and terminating near Washington D.C. The pipeline travels through the coastal states of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland. A branch from the main pipeline also reaches into Tennessee. Much of the pipeline route parallels the path of Colonial Pipeline and many terminals along the route can receive products from either pipeline. Major metropolitan markets served by Plantation include: Birmingham, Atlanta, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Greenville/Spartanburg, Charlotte, Greensboro, Roanoke, Richmond, and Washington.

Plantation starts in La. to the Atlanta area from the Louisiana basin refineries.

It's not even close to 3,100 miles from Baton Rouge to Atlanta Ga.
Plantation Pipeline is HQ'd in Ga. It doesn't end there.

kindermorgan.jpg

Never gave a mileage on Plantation that I remember.
I did say it started in the Louisiana Basin. That is where Baton Rogue is located. I did say it supplied the Alanta market is correct being the major consumer of the product.
There are tributaries pipelines from the major terminals. You knew that you're just being you, put your bifocals on
La. Is the abbreviation for
Louisiana not L.A. California.
No major pipeline crosses the Rockies.
You need to read before copy and paste.

I did say it supplied the Alanta market is correct being the major consumer of the product.
It also supplies cities very close to Baton Rouge. :rolleyes:
Not sure what the Rockies or Los Angeles has to do with any of this but it's not 3,100 road miles from the Baton Rouge area to Los Angeles either.
Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.