College

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
I took my youngest to college. What a good feeling other than the empty wallet. Why in the world were all those parents crying. We've waited 18 years for this. I was thrilled. Go Red Raiders!

ffamom":msq38xa7 said:
I took my youngest to college. What a good feeling other than the empty wallet. Why in the world were all those parents crying. We've waited 18 years for this. I was thrilled. Go Red Raiders!
Brave front there, mom. Stiff upper lip. All that. :D

Its amazing how fast they grow up or how fast we age. Got one out, one in, and one more to go. I have them spaced out so I'll be broke for a long time.

Don't worry about your kids leaving. Got the last one out of college in May. Now it looks like I'm gonna' have one come back home with a three year old and eight month pregant with another. Don't really care, let her come, just like to gripe and make jokes. gs

ffamom":15m8r81m said:

I remember when mom left me at college. She had the trailer rented but we got there on a Sun so nothing was open. I spent the first night with no electric or water. I still give her he!! about that. :lol:
She felt really bad leaving me alone like that. But I made it just fine.

Jogeephus":15m8r81m said:
Its amazing how fast they grow up or how fast we age. Got one out, one in, and one more to go. I have them spaced out so I'll be broke for a long time.

Yea, my wife and I have ours to spaced out. 1 is soon to be 15 and the other is 3. It gets very trying around here at times

i feel for every1 who is sending their kids to collage.only 1 of my brothers went to collage for a little while.then he got smart an quit collage an came home to milk cows.my 2 neices are out of collage now,an my 2 nephews are in collage now.

We are shipping out youngest off to College today. His Mom has been crying for a week. Me too(tears of joy)

He is going to live with my middle son (the anal retentive Engineer) I have a feeling he will be missing his old Dad pretty quick.

I have a bet with the wife as to which one will call up bytching about the other one first.

I am sure as heck looking forward to being alone with my Sweetheart for the first time in 31 years.

ffamom":g8fc18wr said:

Totaly with ya there ffamom! Not much longer for me to be an empty nester!

Today if took everything I had not to call him. Lucky for me, he finally called. I know the time between calls will get greater, but I am glad he called today. When he mets a that special girl, I'm doomed.

i got 2 in college.one is a freshmen and the other is a sophomore.the sophomore has a football scholarship and they play there first game this thursday night.

Loved it taking the kiddo to college that first time. Seeing the empty bedroom when I got
back home was what grabbed me. He has spent the last two years off getting his associates
and now is going to live at home to get his bachelor's at a local branch of the state university.
We just thought we were going to have an empty nest!!

Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home. - Bill Cosby :lol2:

I came back Saturday for my last full semester; next spring I only have one online class. It's a really nice feeling to be almost done! ...well, done with undergrad. Still have another 4 years after this. :lol2:

ffamom":2ofr3ka5 said:
Today if took everything I had not to call him. Lucky for me, he finally called. I know the time between calls will get greater, but I am glad he called today. When he mets a that special girl, I'm doomed.
When my sons call they want to know something like does my car insurance cover me if I rent a u-haul truck to move my girlfriend's stuff or would it be alright if me and the other fifty guys in my fraternity come camp out in the cow pasture this weekend. Stuff like that.

Had two go to University. they went and didn't come back home after, and are both married now...Youngest he is nearly 22 and doesn't want to leave home, so I don't know when I'll ever have an empty nest. but I don't mind. :roll: do I. :?

Do you all think a 4 year college is the thing to do? I mean I know a few people who have gone, and graduated and have been looking fro a job for over a year. True one has a Physics degree, and minor in music, but I have to wonder how anyone can afford to send their kids to a 4 year college anymore, without going into major debt, and with the economy in the toilet, I think a tech school would be far more practical-just curious

GMN

Latest posts