College Opinions?

Help Support CattleToday:

blackcowz":1z7qwhhd said:
Thank you SO much, HS! This will probably get me headed on the right track to the future I have in mind. Ironically, my family owns a farm in Des Moines, Iowa. This might just work out. Once again, I appreciate your help and advice.
Well, you're in the same state anyway. Des Moines is 4 1/2 hours from Sx Center! I know a lot of people that work at TransOva, and they are always looking for help. It has a lot of good opportunities for young people.

I've read a considerable amount of agricultural literature over the past decades from many of our land grant institutions and have benefitted from their information. I attended Auburn University in the early to mid 1980's and I received a quality education. I was given the opportunities for a variety of hands on activities while at Auburn in areas of animal science, soil science, entomology, poultry science, and horticulture. An aquaintance of mine who graduated from an SEC school in a neighboring state once told me that he was never given the nitty gritty hands on opportunities afforded me while at Auburn University.
Another huge benefit of going to school at Auburn or any school in the Deep South is our female coeds. They are absolutely beautiful, charming, and alluring. It's just a gift that Southern women have!
WAR EAGLE!!

I didn't read all of the replies to your question. As a mother who currently has 3 kids in college, I can honestly say that if you find a Junior College that meets your needs, go there and get your core classes out of the way. You can have your class schedule structured so that your credits will feed into your senior college. Junior college is an easier transition from high school because they usually have much smaller classes. Plus it really is much cheaper.

One of our daughters went to a junior college and will be graduating from Texas Tech this spring with a degree in Ag something.

Contact the schools that you are interested in. They will be happy to talk to you and send you the information that you need. Visiting in person is even better.

Be careful with the JuCos. They can save you a bunch of money; but graduates are ranked by their GPAs and most 4 year schools won't calculate your JuCo average into the GPA that follows you around for the rest of your life. IF you are really STRONG in a subject (my straight A subject is history) you don't want to take that at a JuCo and lose your strength in the GPA calculations. The opposite is also true and it would be better to take your weakness where it won't hurt your GPA. I would have benefited if I had taken the Chemistrys (Organic and Inorganic) and maths (Precal and Calculus) at a Junior College because they really BADLY hurt my GPA. History at Auburn was such a joke, I was posting perfect scores in all those required freshman World History courses so I added a year of American history as electives too pump up those GPA numbers and get me the academic scholies I needed to stay in school.

HerefordSire":1cojncmn said:
Based upon the information you provided, I recommend you contact TransOva Genetics based in Iowa. Listed below is an email link you can direct to human resources. After researching the company on your own, write a simple professional letter to the human resource department and tell them you are 15 years old and preparing for your formal college education. Inquire to see if they have intern programs for college students and or newly graduated students, and also ask if they have an office close to where you are residing so you can immediately apply for one of the below listed jobs or possibly an apprenticeship. Finally, inquire if they recommend a specific professor and or University for the ET technicians. If you can locate David Faber's email address (I may have it if you can't find it), copy him on the email. That should do the trick of getting you headed in the right direction.

Yeah great place, i live bout 15 minutes away from it, I kind fo looked for a job there but the only position that they had open at the time when i was 16 and looking for a job was mowing lawns. They have a lot of mowing.couple of acres of lawns. Its deffinaitly a place worth looking into. Its a clean place great facilities and stickly managed. They will not hire just anyone either. yep good place.

What do you call a Texas Aggie 5 years after graduation?

Boss.

What do you call vet school dropouts?

Medical doctors.