college football

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":nawhvauh said:
TexasBred":nawhvauh said:
greybeard":nawhvauh said:
Well, they don't play UT anymore, so the one team they have to beat every year is LSU. Lose to the Tigers and a head coach job is in jepopardy no matter what happened the year before, but they let LSU beat them this year and let LSU put 54 points on the board last year... Is Jimbo Fisher ready to move?
GB LSU has been beating up on the Aggies since I was there in the 60's. Manziel couldn't even beat them. Just got that Voodoo magic going for them. :lol2:
Yeah, but TAMU wasn't SEC then and had UT as their #1 rival. UT loss to A&M meant a coaching job was in jeopardy too. Lose to both A&M and OU and LOOK OUT!
Wow how times have changed. Now it's lose to Iowa State and Kansas and "lookout". :lol2:

Some may say that Wisconsin doesn't have strength of schedule, but they've beaten a couple ranked teams. They beat FAU who is the C-USA conference leader (which is a patsy conference, but that's still a better team than Alabama's Mercer, and better than Utah State that Wisconsin also took care of). FSU is not even close to what they were expected to be, and shouldn't count as a good win. I won't disagree with Clemson being up there. Auburn, maybe, but I don't think Alabama is as powerful as everyone thinks they are. Oklahoma should not be ahead of Wisconsin.

I think it should be:
Clemson
Wisconsin (b/c they are undefeated)
Auburn
and then the 4th place team is a toss up between Oklahoma, Miami and Georgia.

Well, looks like our AD is going to talk with Sumlin today. With the past few attempted hires, I would be very pleased with y'alls sloppy seconds. Wife is an aggie so im sure she will have fun with it if it goes down.

midTN_Brangusman":36vf6jr6 said:
Well, looks like our AD is going to talk with Sumlin today. With the past few attempted hires, I would be very pleased with y'alls sloppy seconds. Wife is an aggie so im sure she will have fun with it if it goes down.
I wouldn't consider Sumlin a sloppy second...he's a darn good coach adn a class act.

DQA-Wb8VQAMhpCb.jpg

bball":4r5wx5h8 said:
Do you guys really think Jimbo would leave FSU for T A&M?
The fans are not happy after this horrible year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

TexasBred":1sqm24uw said:
midTN_Brangusman":1sqm24uw said:
I wouldn't consider Sumlin a sloppy second...he's a darn good coach adn a class act.

Tennessee would be fortunate to land him.

TexasBred":3qm4kwz7 said:
bball":3qm4kwz7 said:
:nod: :nod: Why not? Nothing special about FSU.

No disrespect to your beloved Aggies TB. I, and possibly erroneously, believed FSU was one of those upper tier jobs that coaches aspire to. Perhaps not as grand as Bama, USC, or Ohio St, but considered a tier above A&M. Of course money talks the loudest.

wacocowboy":umsywcx3 said:
Well my Sooners are Big12 champs for a 3rd year in a row.

Impressively so too.

And Auburn, the team that beat Alabama ...is now 10-3. So much for that 'quality loss' thing..

Alabama or Ohio State?
1. Clemson
4. ?

2. Oklahoma
vs
3. Georgia

Conference title and strength of schedule favors Ohio State (11-2) 38th vs Alabama (11-1) 54th toughest schedule
Guess I'd probably vote for Alabama even though I think Penn State is the 4th best team in the Nation and better
than either of them.

I would really like to see Alabama vs Penn State matched up in a bowl game.

bball":5tawgwhr said:
TexasBred":5tawgwhr said:
bball":5tawgwhr said:
:nod: :nod: Why not? Nothing special about FSU.

No disrespect to your beloved Aggies TB. I, and possibly erroneously, believed FSU was one of those upper tier jobs that coaches aspire to. Perhaps not as grand as Bama, USC, or Ohio St, but considered a tier above A&M. Of course money talks the loudest.
BB I have no idea what the standards are to be top tier, middle tier or bottom tier. All I can say is that at A&M he'll darn sure get everything he needs to win. The rest is up to him.

Auburn loss didn't surprise me as I said earlier I didn't know if they could pull off another win against georgia. That rivalry is probably just as big as with alabama. Bama fans here are trying to make a case for them to be in the top 4. I don't see it though. I don't think they've ever put a non conference champ in there

The other side of the coin:

Dear Mr Saban:
You could not even qualify to play in your own conference Championship game.
How do you think you can qualify to play in the National Championship?
Your Pal,
S-o-B

p.s.
Roll Tide