college football

Help Support CattleToday:

Clemson
OK
Wisconsin
Auburn
Strength of schedule.....
At the start of the season, Alabama's schedule looked pretty tough, but as the season progressed, their best wins have come against three-loss LSU, which lost to Troy, and four-loss Mississippi State. Their only other Power 5 win against an opponent over .500 was vs. Texas A&M which has now lost 5 games.
If Auburn goes on to win the SEC, the loss to them might actually help Alabama's case.

If Wisconsin wins against Ohio State next week Alabama won't be in a legitimate discussion, lotta tide fans will be pulling for the buckeyes.

No matte what WDE (War D**n Eagle), will be pulling for my Tigers and Wisconsin. Predict Oklahoma, Clemson,
Georgia, Wisconsin final four, Think Georgia too good to beat twice in one year.

wlamarparmer":1a8s1kqg said:
No matte what WDE (War D**n Eagle), will be pulling for my Tigers and Wisconsin. Predict Oklahoma, Clemson,
Georgia, Wisconsin final four, Think Georgia too good to beat twice in one year.

I think you may be right. It would be great to see alabama and auburn both in the top four. We could end up with an alabama auburn national championship game

greybeard":2j4hm1ut said:
Texas A&M is looking for a new head coach...Sumlin fired.
Mn Gophers hired PJ Fleck January 2017
Fleck made $800k at Western Michigan in 2016 and Gophers paid him 3.5 million to come to Minnesota.
5 yr contract 18.5 million total making him the 6th highest paid coach in the Big Ten (14) schools.
Plus they paid 8 million buyout to get rid of the previous head coach and his 13 assistants.

2015 Gophers 3-6 and 9th of 14 in Tracy Claeys 1st year as Head Coach
2016 Gophers 5-4 finished 7th of 14 in Big 10 and Claeys fired

2017 Gophers 2-7 tied at 13th for the 2nd worst record in the Big 10 with 3 other teams... Illinois was 0-9
So of course the state of Minnesota rewarded him with a 1 year extension making it a 22.25 million 6 yr contract.

Average NFL head coach $4.85 million per year, average age 52
Fleck 37, 3.75 mil extension 5 lowest NFL head coaches $3.5 m and the NFL plays 30% more games per year.

Son of Butch":1vp9oafs said:
greybeard":1vp9oafs said:
Mn Gophers hired PJ Fleck January 2017
Fleck made $800k at Western Michigan in 2016 and Gophers paid him 3.5 million to come to Minnesota.
5 yr contract 18.5 million total making him the 6th highest paid coach in the Big Ten (14) schools.
Plus they paid 8 million buyout to get rid of the previous head coach and his 13 assistants.

2015 Gophers 3-6 and 9th of 14 in Tracy Claeys 1st year as Head Coach
2016 Gophers 5-4 finished 7th of 14 in Big 10 and Claeys fired

2017 Gophers 2-7 tied at 13th for the 2nd worst record in the Big 10 with 3 other teams... Illinois was 0-9
So of course the state of Minnesota rewarded him with a 1 year extension making it a 22.25 million 6 yr contract.

Average NFL head coach $4.85 million per year, average age 52
Fleck 37, 3.75 mil extension 5 lowest NFL head coaches $3.5 m and the NFL plays 30% more games per year.
Sounds like Minnesota is most of the politicians alma mater.

greybeard":3akdx6wr said:
Yep....amazing how fickle the alumni are these days. Give you a raise and extension one year then run you off the next. Ten million should last him a little while anyway. 8-5 may look darn good the next few years.

:stop:
Kingfisher":80p0phx8 said:
Some how some way Bama will be there
If they don't make final four I hope OU doesn't make it either and we get to watch the top pop off lower teir bowls bidding on a Bama Sooners rematch from @3 years ago. Remember that one? I think they would match up pretty good again this year.

TexasBred":brqexc4d said:
greybeard":brqexc4d said:
Yep....amazing how fickle the alumni are these days. Give you a raise and extension one year then run you off the next. Ten million should last him a little while anyway. 8-5 may look darn good the next few years.
Well, they don't play UT anymore, so the one team they have to beat every year is LSU. Lose to the Tigers and a head coach job is in jepopardy no matter what happened the year before, but they let LSU beat them this year and let LSU put 54 points on the board last year... Is Jimbo Fisher ready to move?

greybeard":kq2mz64e said:
TexasBred":kq2mz64e said:
greybeard":kq2mz64e said:
Well, they don't play UT anymore, so the one team they have to beat every year is LSU. Lose to the Tigers and a head coach job is in jepopardy no matter what happened the year before, but they let LSU beat them this year and let LSU put 54 points on the board last year... Is Jimbo Fisher ready to move?
GB LSU has been beating up on the Aggies since I was there in the 60's. Manziel couldn't even beat them. Just got that Voodoo magic going for them. :lol2:

Something about Tiger Stadium, coaches, fans, alumni, all say we want night games. Noon. mid afternoon
games generally competitive, nite games look out. Even announcers admit that. I know home field always
advantage, but think most less than Sat Night in Baton Rouge. With all openings Summerlin will make someone
proud/happy next year. Too much chasing the money, not concentrating athletes/football/sports. My school as guilty
as any. A game with AU few years ago actually registered on La seismograph.
W. Lamar Parmer, DVM

TexasBred":xbg8gdd3 said:
greybeard":xbg8gdd3 said:
TexasBred":xbg8gdd3 said:
GB LSU has been beating up on the Aggies since I was there in the 60's. Manziel couldn't even beat them. Just got that Voodoo magic going for them. :lol2:
Yeah, but TAMU wasn't SEC then and had UT as their #1 rival. UT loss to A&M meant a coaching job was in jeopardy too. Lose to both A&M and OU and LOOK OUT!

Latest posts