College Football almost sure to go to 12 team playoff 2023 or later

Help Support CattleToday:

The fix is in. How does Fla rank ahead of Arkansas?
Coaches Poll Week 5
#1 Alabama..4-0
#2 Georgia..4-0
#3 Oregon..4-0
#4 Oklahoma..4-0
#5 Iowa..4-0
#6 Penn State..4-0
#7 Notre Dame..4-0
#8 Cincinnati..3-0
#9 Florida..3-1
#10 Ohio State..3-1
#11 Arkansas..4-0
#12 Ole Miss..3-0
#13 Texas A&M..3-1
#14 Michigan..4-0
#15 BYU..4-0
#16 (tie) Michigan State..4-0
#16 (tie) Coastal Carolina..4-0
#18 Oklahoma State..4-0
#19 Clemson..2-2
#20 UCLA..3-1
#21 Fresno State..4-1
#22 Auburn..3-0
#23 Kentucky..4-0
#24 Baylor..4-0
#25 Wake Forest..4-0
Others receiving votes:

Texas 101; Boston College 91; NC State 70; San Diego State 69; Maryland 59; Wisconsin 56; Southern Methodist 54; Virginia Tech 39; Louisiana State 36; Iowa State 31; Army 23; Arizona State 12; Texas-San Antonio 11; Liberty 11; North Carolina 10; Central Florida 9; Oregon State 7; UL Lafayette 3; Appalachian State 3; Louisville 2; Indiana 2; Wyoming 1.

AP Poll is out now and it is a little more realistic but I think Penn State is ranked too high by about 4 places. This week, Ark is a better team than Penn St, but the coming 2 weeks will reveal a lot. Louisiana St and Ky didn't make the cut at all in the AP poll.
  1. Alabama (58 first-place votes)
  2. Georgia (4)
  3. Oregon
  4. Penn State
  5. Iowa
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Cincinnati
  8. Arkansas
  9. Notre Dame
  10. Florida
  11. Ohio State
  12. Ole Miss
  13. BYU
  14. Michigan
  15. Texas A&M
  16. Coastal Carolina
  17. Michigan State
  18. Fresno State
  19. Oklahoma State
  20. UCLA
  21. Baylor
  22. Auburn
  23. NC State
  24. Wake Forest
  25. Clemson

Last edited:
I believe yesterday's result mean there only 2 undefeated teams left in SEC. Ga (#1) and Ky (#8).
Oklahoma (#4) and OK St (#12) are the only Big12 teams still undefeated.

I like it!!
Very disappointed in the Razorbacks but this one of the rare years I picked them to do great things.
Turns out the coaches and AP poll people did in fact know lots more about them than I did. (not surprising)
They can now change their mascot to Tigers; paper Tigers.

We'll have to see if the 6-0 SMU Mustangs need to change their mascot in the coming weeks.

I think it's safe to say the axe game isn't going to be the battle for the Big 10 West this year.
Gophers were in 4 way tie with Iowa, Wisconsin and Purdue for 1st in Big 10 west before losing to Iowa on the road 27-22 two weeks ago.

But the Axe game did decide the Big 10 West when Gophers beat Wisconsin today 23-13 giving Iowa the West and the Hawkeyes play Michigan for the Big !0 title. Gophers, Purdue and Wisconsin all ended tied for 2nd in the west.

The first time the Gophers have won the Axe since 2018.
Almost unreal as their top 3 running backs all missed the game due to injuries.

Set for Sun., Feb. 13, 2022, Super Bowl LVI will feature a who's-who of living hip-hop legends—including Dr. Dre, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Snoop Dogg—entertaining from the 50-yard line at halftime.

If they tie Eminem up they be good!! ➡️ continue to things I hate.

Lots of coaching changes in college football..

Lincoln Riley, after saying less than 24 hrs ago that he was committed to Oklahoma and wouldn't be the head coach of LSU has taken head coach job at USC.

Ed Orgeron is out at LSU and they're looking for his replacement. This is a BIG $$ job..

Louisiana's Ragin Cajun head coach is Billy Napier going to be new head coach of the Florida Gators.

Duke fired their head coach Dave Cutcliffe. No replacement announced. (it's Duke, nobody cares)

Colorado fired their offensive coordinator and head coach Chiaverini will take over that job as well as his own head coaching position.

Indiana fired their OC and head coach took a pay cut to help fund the search for a new OC.

Ga Tech fired their OC , defensive coach and cornerback coaches. No word on replacements.

Texas, is a wait and see thing, but many expect to see a change there....again. Losing to Oklahoma has traditionally been the death knell for a UT coach but Texas only lost by 7 pts this year so he might get a reprieve..

Texas A&M cites coronavirus "issues" as a reason for pulling out of Gator Bowl
Dec. 22, 2021 at 1:57 p.m.

Texas A&M University announced Wednesday it would not be able to safely participate in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl against Wake Forest University on Dec. 31 due to "a combination of COVID-19 issues within the Texas A&M football program, as well as season-ending injuries."
"It is unfortunate, but we just don't have enough scholarship players available to field a team," Aggie head football coach Jimbo Fisher said in a statement.
A Texas A&M football spokesperson did not immediately respond to questions about how many players had been impacted by the virus. The bowl game was to be played in Jacksonville, Florida. — Kate McGee

NCAA has stated too, that any team in the playoff brackets that can't play because of Covid will not be allowed to reschedule. They will just forfeit that game and the other team given the win and would advance.

Latest posts