Colic

Help Support CattleToday:

We usually give a shot of Banamine and lots and lots of walking. We have not lost one to colic with this treatment, but we have always caught them eary. We are around them so much we usually notice when something isn't right and start trying to figure out what is going on.

talldog":3kt4blri said:
Do you think the Mineral oil helps ??

Yes, but how many of us can tube a horse? (It goes through the nose) How much do you really get through the mouth... about half of what you think. I use a banimine paste and lots of walking. I'll put the horse in the trailer if I can't get things moving by walking... haven't seen many horses the don't crap soon after loading in a trailer (within a mile or so).

The way we used to fix colic was to throw them in the trailer and drive down the bumpiest road we could find. That worked every time.

Now we use 'Silver Lining Herbs', the product ia called 'colic ease'... It's herbal and you mix it with water. It makes this really slimmy stuff. We kind of force feed a little to them and in 20 minutes, no more colic. We even had a horse pass a plastic bag with the stuff.

I don't work for them or sell the product, just love it. Talk to the owner Mickey Young and tell 'em Bret Wade from Colorado sent you...

Latest posts