Coleman Venture 403

Help Support CattleToday:

TJSideBiz

Reaction score
Wondering why there doesn't seem to be much talk about this bull. I like his phenotype, his EPDs are pretty good, his sire is excellent and his dam is arguably one of the best out there. Any insight? Really looking to get Coleman Donna 714 in my herd and this son seems to fit the bill. Other suggestions? I'll be breeding heifers and prefer to have CED 10-15, BW can be -2 - +2.

My AI guy is Select Sires and he is one of the handful of Angus bulls that I'm interested in that has semen available along with Playbook and Rainfall.

I'm curious to hear if anyone has used him. I have threatened to get a cane and try him several times.
I really like the phenotype and maternal data he brings.

I'd like to hear your perspective on his marbling and feed efficiency numbers. I don't agree with chasing marbling, but neither do I want to give it up since it is probably one of the biggest reasons Angus is where it is today.

Nice pedigree, but bottom 1% for yh and mature height will turn many off.
bottom 1% marbling = not a baldie maker
Also bottom 1% PAP
Some believe top PAP scores correlate to stronger respiratory immune systems and less pneumonia. I don't know of any studies that bear that out, but it is an interesting line of thought.

Looks like he has trouble getting around in the Select Sires video. Maybe just a bad day?

I agree he doesn't look to move the best in his rear hips.

As far as frame size go I don't want the YH and MH. I know many will disagree but those cattle just don't work good for me.

I have most of my fall calving cows bred to Square B True North. I'm excited to see those calves hit the ground.
https://absbullsearch.absglobal.com/details/bull/29AN2144/B/USA/ANGUS/EN/USA/USA

Latest posts