Cole Creek Angus Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I was unable to make the Cole Creek Angus sale today at Columbus- but did pick this off another site....Sounds like a successful sale...

Reported as a small crowd- but mostly all buyers and few handsitters with many call in/absentee bids.... The top bull was the Lot 131-a Cole Creek Juanada Lad 81T son with mgs HBR Encore 0544, that sold for $11,250--- and the top yearling heifer was Lot 152- a Cole Creek Goldmere 31N sired heifer out of the Cole Creek Juanada 7P cow....

Sounds like someone else thinks there may be some cowmaker potential in that young 81T bull...

Bulls
Lot 131 $11,250
Lot 201 $9000
Lot 244 $6250
Lot 81 $5750
Averaged unofficially around $3100

Open Yearling Heifers
Lot 152 $2050
Lot 191 $1600
Lot 127 $1100
Lot 217 $1000
Averaged around $980

Jovid":1xn10odb said:
Frankie":1xn10odb said:
Jovid":1xn10odb said:
Sounds like some pretty low numbers to me.

$3100 bull average sounds pretty good to me.

Are you saying $980 for yearling heifers is a good price?

I didn't think it was bad. Prices- especially on the bulls was a lot higher than last year..Top heifer was about $400 over last years heifer- and I'm sure the average was up..Especially when you consider I could have picked up a trailer load of similar bred bred registered 2 year old heifers a couple of months ago for $200 more than that average...

You have to remember these are not the bigger better faster bloodlines (that now have numerous genetic problems/questions arising) traded back and forth between the Angus Mafia- these are working type cattle- that can go out and work on the range without a lot of pampering and supplements....I have several of their cows- and they will go out and work for you- rather than you having to work for them...

Oldtimer":2k9itou6 said:
You have to remember these are not the bigger better faster bloodlines (that now have numerous genetic problems/questions arising) traded back and forth between the Angus Mafia- these are working type cattle- that can go out and work on the range without a lot of pampering and supplements....I have several of their cows- and they will go out and work for you- rather than you having to work for them...

Well put, O.T., well put.
--Julian