Cold

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
There is nothing between us and the North Pole but a three strand barbed wire fence, and two strands are down.
Ya'll living in the North need to close the freezer door.
I hate putting out hay in cold rain.

Rain? If its raining it not that cold. Had a few nights with windchill in -40.... now THAT is cold. Good thing the cows have a wind fence to stand behind. geez.

Getting a breather today though... the temp is up to 32 but its not going to last.... back to below normal temps for a few days.

Caustic Burno":2apji3zs said:
There is nothing between us and the North Pole but a three strand barbed wire fence, and two strands are down.
Ya'll living in the North need to close the freezer door.
I hate putting out hay in cold rain.

Ain't THAT the truth! Fortunately we had all round bales put out earlier this week. Only left flakes of small squares to put out for horses 2X day. In cold weather, I'll vote for cattle any day...horses are a pain in the posterior. :lol:

Yesterday weather conditions were warmer in MOSCOW, RUSSIA than here...think the world is coming to an end... :(

bward":27j15jq6 said:
Rain? If its raining it not that cold. Had a few nights with windchill in -40.... now THAT is cold. Good thing the cows have a wind fence to stand behind. geez.

Getting a breather today though... the temp is up to 32 but its not going to last.... back to below normal temps for a few days.

Try 35 and rain everyday I would love for it to get below freezing at least you could be dry.
I hate for the wife to get wet opening all these dang gates when we are putting out hay.
Now if I could just get her to go start up the tractor and let it idle to the cab got warm.

Caustic Burno":28kb0vz7 said:
bward":28kb0vz7 said:
Rain? If its raining it not that cold. Had a few nights with windchill in -40.... now THAT is cold.

Try 35 and rain everyday I would love for it to get below freezing at least you could be dry.

I agree. I'd rather it be around 0 and dry than 35 and raining. Now -40......that's another story. Ouch!

i know its cold here as well.raining an sleeting.an the temp is 28.to make matters worse the wind is blowing some.

I'd rather it be raining at 35F than have your a$$ frozen off with a nasty windchill of -40 or lower. MO.

Darn. It's 75 in the daytime and down in the upper 50's at night. Florida sucks. Hard to grow a calf right now with all that terrible weather.

Anyone besides me notice that people from Canada talk about their cold weather the same way people from Texas talk about...well everything?? :lol: Boone

boone":2s6rx6lj said:
Anyone besides me notice that people from Canada talk about their cold weather the same way people from Texas talk about...well everything?? :lol: Boone

As bad as I hate to admit this...Boone, you gotta point. :D

Alice

It's OK Alice. I have a ton a family in Texas and I still love them and the Lone Star State. Probably our favorite vacation spot. Boone

boone":1uz01pv7 said:
It's OK Alice. I have a ton a family in Texas and I still love them and the Lone Star State. Probably our favorite vacation spot. Boone

Thanks, boone...I feel somewhat better...

You know, we do have the biggest and best vaction spots in the whole wide...

Ahem...nevermind.

Alice

We complain when it rains and temps hover around the mid thirtys with the mud and slop.
We complain about the snow and the zero temps.
Yet we hardly ever move...
Just my two bits worth..DMc

Caustic Burno":2bzuh0f1 said:
bward":2bzuh0f1 said:

I hate for the wife to get wet opening all these dang gates when we are putting out hay.
Now if I could just get her to go start up the tractor and let it idle to the cab got warm.

CB - you are complaining and have a cab tractor! we have 6 tractors and not one has a cab, hubby drools for one everytime he drive by the implement dealer!

mitchwi":1z4eg26t said:
Caustic Burno":1z4eg26t said:
bward":1z4eg26t said:

CB - you are complaining and have a cab tractor! we have 6 tractors and not one has a cab, hubby drools for one everytime he drive by the implement dealer!

I have one due to the case of red ass. I had a Ford 4000 stuck and had to walk to the top of the hill to get the 275 Massey which got stuck also. So after pulling out 100 foot of log chain and latching on to a tree the other end to the Massey back tire to let the tractor pull itself out. As I was wrapping the log chain around a big oak by the road, neighbor came by in his 100 horse JD 4wd. He motioned for me to come over as I knew better he cracked the door stating he didn't want to let the AC out as it was 100 degs plus, ask if I needed any help. The reply that he recieved can not be typed.
After getting both tractors out, I went in the house took a shower and picked up the check book. I told the wife that I was going to buy a 4wd Cab tractor and quit fighting these 2wd. She ask if I had heat stroke and needed to go to the hospital. I told her my newest tractor was made in 1979 and both it and I were getting to old to be wrassling.
So I left with a 25 foot float and came back with a 4wd Cab.

I still use my old Massey 135 more than any other tractor and it was made in 1969.
Getting a case of the red ass can be very expensive at times.

VanC":2uwbzr77 said:
Caustic Burno":2uwbzr77 said:
bward":2uwbzr77 said:
Rain? If its raining it not that cold. Had a few nights with windchill in -40.... now THAT is cold.

I agree. I'd rather it be around 0 and dry than 35 and raining. Now -40......that's another story. Ouch!
cattle lose body temperature drastically when its 35 and raining id rather have the temps in the teens anyday so had the cows

Caustic Burno":15ft4d09 said:
mitchwi":15ft4d09 said:
Caustic Burno":15ft4d09 said:
bward":15ft4d09 said:

I have one due to the case of red ass. I had a Ford 4000 stuck and had to walk to the top of the hill to get the 275 Massey which got stuck also. So after pulling out 100 foot of log chain and latching on to a tree the other end to the Massey back tire to let the tractor pull itself out. As I was wrapping the log chain around a big oak by the road, neighbor came by in his 100 horse JD 4wd. He motioned for me to come over as I knew better he cracked the door stating he didn't want to let the AC out as it was 100 degs plus, ask if I needed any help. The reply that he recieved can not be typed.
After getting both tractors out, I went in the house took a shower and picked up the check book. I told the wife that I was going to buy a 4wd Cab tractor and quit fighting these 2wd. She ask if I had heat stroke and needed to go to the hospital. I told her my newest tractor was made in 1979 and both it and I were getting to old to be wrassling.

I still use my old Massey 135 more than any other tractor and it was made in 1969.

I have been concerned about CB since I have been one here, but after reading this, I am convinced that he is human after all. :) :nod:

CB, What color is it?

Cabo":24rnishq said:
Caustic Burno":24rnishq said:
mitchwi":24rnishq said:
Caustic Burno":24rnishq said:
bward":24rnishq said:

I have been concerned about CB since I have been one here, but after reading this, I am convinced that he is human after all. :) :nod:

CB, What color is it?
if i was a betting man id bet its massey red.

I don't know, sounded like he got pretty well PO'ed, might have even got green, just better one than neighbor has. Nothing wrong with the Massey though, I almost bought one myself.

Latest posts