Cold weather = board dog

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
We have 2 dogs. 1 older male Border Collie, that is an outside dog except in the winter he is in at night a lot of the time. Our young female Blue Heeler, has always been brought in at night, and since it's been so cold she has been in the house more during the day too, much to her dismay.

My dog gets to come in at night, when it's bitter cold. We sure enjoy his company.

We have a corgi. After it snows she has one speed: light speed. She LOVES the snow. It doesn't really get cold enough for her to have a problem, but when it gets decently cold you've got to watch your step b/c we have a couple of cats that will try to rush into the house if the opportunity arises.

Dave my Australian Shep/Australian Cattle Dog isn't seeing the usual outdoor time neither. He's missing his Frisbee play time, and his rides to the farm. Totaled my truck that I let him ride in the cab and figured it's too cold for him to ride in the bed of the others. And I know it's too cold to ride the atv. He helps me fool with the bulls around the house and keeps a look out for anything venturing nearby.

FlyingLSimmentals":1t8l4lwb said:
Dave my Australian Shep/Australian Cattle Dog isn't seeing the usual outdoor time neither. He's missing his Frisbee play time, and his rides to the farm. Totaled my truck that I let him ride in the cab and figured it's too cold for him to ride in the bed of the others. And I know it's too cold to ride the atv. He helps me fool with the bulls around the house and keeps a look out for anything venturing nearby.

I'm in a similar situation, my work truck bit the dust, so my Border Collie can only ride with me in my other truck when it isn't muddy( not a problem lately), otherwise he makes ever step that I do while feeding and rides in the tractor with me. We are wintering heifers in a field down the road, so my wife usually goes with me when I take hay, she takes the Blue Heeler with her in the truck. The heeler will help me with driving cattle, but she can be a handful sometimes too.

Latest posts