Cold is a Relative Thing!

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy":34b0qce8 said:
can't understand our weather we just had an electrical storm with snow :? :???: never seen this before....has anyone on here?????
Happens not infrequently here. It's called "thunder snow"

dun":16pb4lx2 said:
chrisy":16pb4lx2 said:
can't understand our weather we just had an electrical storm with snow :? :???: never seen this before....has anyone on here?????
Happens not infrequently here. It's called "thunder snow"
Them thunder snows are great aren't they Dun they can drop alot of snow in a short time

My wife thought I was crazy the first time it was thundering and snowing at the same time and I said we was having a thunder snow that was about 8 at nite and by 5 the next morning we had over 20" on the ground

I was just thinking. Not only is cold relative, so is incest!

When the thunder and lightening was going on it was raining hard no snow, sorry should have said as this is what I found strange, as I thought this type of storm was because of hot weather.

chrisy":3p0weow2 said:
When the thunder and lightening was going on it was raining hard no snow, sorry should have said as this is what I found strange, as I thought this type of storm was because of hot weather.
the way I understand it, it happens when a cold air mass and a warm air mass collide it will also spawn tornadoes

Angus Cowman":20cxu8to said:
chrisy":20cxu8to said:
the way I understand it, it happens when a cold air mass and a warm air mass collide it will also spawn tornadoes
yeah I know that, but it is not warm on the gound it is below freezing, and the sky is full of snow so where is the warm air to generate a storm. Agh! I think this getting to scientific. :(

Jogeephus":2zpxfj2i said:
We got some of ya'lls cold weather here. Its been in the twenties at night. Winds up to 30 mph. I've spent the last two days burning some woods off. You would think that you'd be warm by the fire but I'm still cold. Freezing actually. I don't like it and can't see how ya'll take it.

Lord, Jo, 20 degrees at night is nothing! Wait until you have to deal with -32 windchills, or -20 (or worse) temps! I hear you though. When I moved back up here after 16 years in Georgia, I thought I was going to die that first winter. I had never been so cold in my life, but I eventually re-acclimated to the weather in this area. Cold is very much a relative thing!

Latest posts