Cold enough

Help Support CattleToday:

Our high was somewhere around 37 degrees; I'm not sure what it is with the wind chill. My solar system for the stock tank went down last week, I thought I had it fixed last Wednesday, but no, the next morning it did not some come on. I won't have any replacement parts until after the first, so I will be swapping out batteries everyday until then. At least I can keep the stock tank full. So my solar system will be getting a upgrade once those parts come; hopefully I bought a better quality charge controller this time.

It was 21 here this morning. Yesterday afternoon, this morning, and again this afternoon it snowed while I was feeding but quit once I went into the house. We only have maybe 2 inches of snow here at the house. It warmed up a couple days ago and melted what we had down here. But if you went up top I am sure there is a couple feet. It is supposed to be 9 in the morning. And the ten day forecast doesn't have a single above freezing temperature showing. The calves drink out of the river but at those temperatures I will have to keep an eye on it .

It was upper 40s today. Snow coming Tue. We have set several day time high records the last two wks. Maybe Jan will feel like winter.

Silver, I see it is 14.2C in the house, what sort of temp do you get it up to during those conditions?

Ken
My house isn't easy to heat when it's really cold outside. Yesterday the sun was shining and it got up to about 17C in the house. I have a pellet stove upstairs and a couple of electric baseboard heaters. In the basement I have a 35,000 btu wall heater I had installed this winter, as well as a wood heater. I might light the wood heater today as the sun isn't expected to shine lol.

Latest posts